I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 13 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:41 am

Misslizard wrote:
The Jesus that ran the tax collectors out of the temple would do the same to Trump.

Tax collectors?
I have been told they were merchants; something evangelists should be aware off, but obviously some don't with the various trinkets sold in their church and what not.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 12:39 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Jesus that ran the tax collectors out of the temple would do the same to Trump.

Tax collectors?
I have been told they were merchants; something evangelists should be aware off, but obviously some don't with the various trinkets sold in their church and what not.

I thought, according to the old testament, the "moneylenders."

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 1:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Tax collectors?

That's correct,my mistake.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Tax collectors?

do you know if they were also selling indulgences then, and if that was the real thing that torqued Jesus off?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Tax collectors?

do you know if they were also selling indulgences then, and if that was the real thing that torqued Jesus off?

No idea if pardons were sold then.The money changers and those selling the doves and other sacrifices were turning a profit at the expense of the poor and that set him off.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:31 pm

Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Tax collectors?

No idea if pardons were sold then.The money changers and those selling the doves and other sacrifices were turning a profit at the expense of the poor and that set him off.

and nowadays those people have taken over the temple and run it.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:33 pm

He had some pretty strong words about it, too:

And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

(Mark 11:17, King James Version)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 4:36 pm

it seems in this hellworld, that evil generally wins out over good. and not only that, but that evil eventually starts calling itself good, and real good it convinces others that it is the real evil instead and to eschew it at all costs. the guy who wrote the "warm fuzzies vs. cold pricklies" tale knew this.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I believe Donald J. Trump will be re-elected in 2020, and not only will he be re-elected, he will go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents America has ever had. Mark my words.

Trump will get re-elected if American liberals don't smarten the Hell up.

"Russiagate" has been over-emphasized. This is largely because Hillary Clinton fans just can't accept that she is a scumbag. She and Trump are both extremely unpopular. The people want a real progressive. They can see right through Clinton's fakery.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-is-just-as-unpopular-as-trump-2017-12

Ultimately, Trump will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in history. Once America has tasted real populism (the kind that the Scandinavians are enjoying at the moment) they won't ever want to think about the false populism of Trump.

Keep in Mind: During Bush's first term, people said that he would go down in history as one of America's greatest presidents. Nowadays, most conservatives don't even want to mention his name.

Do you think I'm mad at the conservatives? I'm mostly mad at the liberals right now. They're being airheaded and they're sabotaging their own movement by ignoring the issue of lobbying and demonizing Bernie.

"I belong to the left and I must work with it."
- George Orwell

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/