I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 11 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 7:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yes, there is natural climate change.

But the warming has accelerated far more than what could be "natural."

What took decades/centuries are now taking mere years.

Yes, and it's absurd to say that it's been disproven, as almost 100% of scientists agree that climate change is man made, save for a tiny minority of corporate shills who repeat the anti-global warming line that was scripted by their bosses.

I think that real climate scientists would generally agree that some part is man-made and some part natural. The disagreement would be on how much of each.

Without global warming, we'd be in trouble today. During the period known as The Little Ice Age, life was much harsher and starvation much more common. In some places, people would have to grind tree bark up to make flour. Is that what you'd like us to do now?

Like it or not, we all benefit greatly from global warming today.

Unless it gets out of hand, and and the earth turns into Dune. Be nice to today's earthworms because they'll be tomorrow's sand worms!

It isn't going to turn into Dune. Quite the opposite is overwhelmingly more likely.

Warmer air can carry more water vapor and thus produce rain. Ever wonder why rain is so often the result of warmer air containing water vapor meets colder air?

Look back at the Anasazi people. They had enough water to survive out in the middle of what is now desert. A common explanation of their moving away from their dwellings is that drought made the area uninhabitable. Guess what! The time period for that drought matches with the cooling during the early parts of the Little Ice Age.

What was it like during the Climatic Optimum? According to various studies, the Gobi Desert was a forest, the Sahara Desert was green, and the desert in northern Mexico is thought to have had much more moisture than now.

Look at the places on Earth where it is driest. Many consider the Atacama Desert to be the driest place on Earth. Can you imagine going hundreds of years with no rain? It's happened there. There were dirt houses built several hundred years ago that until the 1960s showed absolutely no sign of rain. Since then, with warmer temperatures, it has rained (I think, twice).

Another candidate for the driest place on Earth is an area in Antarctica. It is so dry that the ground is bare. There is no ice or snow at all. What tiny bit of precipitation they get is so little that it easily lost by sublimation -- the water molecules turn directly from ice to vapor without going through a liquid stage -- a very slow process.

No. The Earth isn't going to become like Dune as a result of Global Warming.

But that would also mean more and bigger insects and spiders...THAT BITE! :pale:

and more violent storms and nastier allergens. biblical plagues to follow...

There was some talk about how Global Warming would make hurricanes much worse. In reality, it appears that we are having fewer hurricanes the last few years, not more.

Also, there was some research at MIT that found that the greater wind shear at high altitudes due to Global Warming would limit the severity of hurricanes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Why can't people just stop being so negative, and give the president a chance? The economy is doing so much better and I feel like he's doing a very good job. He needs to build the wall faster, though

Maybe a lot of us feel this way because we are sick of being told we are "weird" or "un-American" just because we don't mindlessly follow like sheep? Ever thought of that?

I'll say it again: I wish we had an emoticon for clapping hands!

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Why can't people just stop being so negative, and give the president a chance? The economy is doing so much better and I feel like he's doing a very good job. He needs to build the wall faster, though

Maybe a lot of us feel this way because we are sick of being told we are "weird" or "un-American" just because we don't mindlessly follow like sheep? Ever thought of that?

No offense, but many , if not all of Trump's dissenters are kind of like sheep in their own way. They are mindlessly shouting and rioting, and carrying on, sort of like one great big cacophony.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

^^^if you also were being systematically screwed over with malice aforethought, you'd be shouting and rioting and carrying on also. :|

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 9:52 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

No offense, but many , if not all of Trump's dissenters are kind of like sheep in their own way. They are mindlessly shouting and rioting, and carrying on, sort of like one great big cacophony.

I and the Trump detractors I know do not riot. Why? We don't want to be shot by angry rednecks who are easily offended and are glass cannons. They create double standards on the spot to justify their childish anger.

auntblabby wrote:
^^^if you also were being systematically screwed over with malice aforethought, you'd be shouting and rioting and carrying on also. :|

Notice how it's ok for Trumpers to mock their opponents but if their opponents say anything to them, they get a fight on their hands?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 12:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

As well as a face palm one. Why don't we have that at all? :?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 1:57 am

Marknis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

As well as a face palm one. Why don't we have that at all? :?

Is there someone we can email about it? :?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 5:25 am

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

In reality, there isn't all that much difference between the far left and the far right -- they are nearly all snowflakes who can't stand to hear an opinion contrary to their own. Both are convinced that they are right and the other is wrong. At least they are half-right -- in both cases, the other is wrong.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 6:24 am

Regarding Trump being reelected in 2020, I have strong doubts about that.

Trump won in 2016 because he was running against Hillary. If the Democrats can find a decent candidate, the 2020 election could very easily be a Democratic landslide.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm

I would be shocked if he were reelected. Lot of people didn't even vote for him and even Republicans don't like him. Only way for him to be reelected is if someone else was running for president in 2019 and they are even worse than Trump. Some people voted for Clinton because they didn't like Trump even though they also didn't like Clinton either.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I would be shocked if he were reelected. Lot of people didn't even vote for him and even Republicans don't like him. Only way for him to be reelected is if someone else was running for president in 2019 and they are even worse than Trump. Some people voted for Clinton because they didn't like Trump even though they also didn't like Clinton either.

That last is me. I certainly didn't like Clinton, but I voted for her anyway because she wasn't Trump.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm

Here is my prediction, Trump will lose in a landslide come to the general election. I don't usually make optimistic predictions like this but here and now is an exception. Trump's disapproval rating is hovering around 60%. Around 40% of the American public is strongly opposed to him. The ideals of the American people lean leftward not rightward. Here and now a majority of Americans support the Affordable care act and Free College.

I see a left-leaning candidate like Bernie taking the reins of the Democratic Party and if that takes place the GOP should prepare for hell to break loose. States that are considered rock solid GOP states such as Texas and Georgia may very well be lost. All I can say is prepare for the worst. It will not be pleasant for the Republican party.

Take a look at the generic congressional vote now the Republicans are losing by 10 points. The public simply isn't energized to vote for his agenda.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 1:40 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

That last is me. I certainly didn't like Clinton, but I voted for her anyway because she wasn't Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 1:44 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Drawback of the two party system, me thinks. :(

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 1:53 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Trump's disapproval rating is hovering around 60%. Around 40% of the American public is strongly opposed to him.

Half the people don't vote; so it's not as meaningful as it seems.

Young people and minorities are the least likely to vote.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Trump's disapproval rating is hovering around 60%. Around 40% of the American public is strongly opposed to him.

Half the people don't vote; so it's not as meaningful as it seems.

Young people and minorities are the least likely to vote.

They certainly did in Alabama this last time.