Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 9:29 pm

I think you wanting a partner is healthy.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

Thanks for not putting the stereotypical " you're too young" or whatever.
I'm obviously more mature just like most of you were I'm sure. I've been treated like an adult my whole life.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm

Masakados wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
What kind of girl do you like, Masakados?

No one specific. Just the thought of companionship seems nice. I've never really felt it in life so I'm curious.

I had several girlfriends before I lost my virginity - there are layers of trust to learn about and get comfy with. I have had an above average number of romantic partners, but the companionship has always felt very limited. I'm generally too awkward or unlucky to make an attraction mutual, but pretty good at letting someone see what they want in me. I'm a fairly nice person, and put the other person first for the sake of having a relationship. The odds of meeting someone who can really understand an Aspie are pretty slim anyway, so those story-book marriages are extra rare.
Physical attraction is also a major lottery. Despite all the other factors that may make you good friends and partners, the power in a sexual relationship is determined by nerve zero. Recently discovered sharing a cranial hole with the olfactory nerve, it's job is as old as sex itself - respond to partners in inverse proportion to how much they smell like mother, to reduce inbreeding.
Historically, you are not "too young" and are now having your thoughts affected by hormonal changes. Have fun, and good luck!

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2017, 12:38 am

Masakados wrote:
I'm saying I don't. But should I? I both want companionship and don't at the same time. And I don't go to school anymore.

Should you? No. There are no rules, and nothing you really need to abide by in terms of when and how you feel the desire.

Is it wrong not to be interested? No. You are you, you cannot judge you by others. If you're not interested then it is right for you. You get to decide when the time is right, though it's not so much as a decision as it just happens. You may find one day that you just like someone. There is no timetable for that to occur.

This is the same whether you're 14, 18, 28 or 40.

Do not benchmark your desire for companionship on the experiences of others because that's unfair to you and unfair to others. You're the one who has to live your life, set these things for yourself.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 3:18 am

Masakados wrote:
This is a good answer thank you.
A girlfriend seems so informal. That's what I meant.
I guess what I meant by I both do and don't is I really care often but when it gets brought up I do.

well "girlfriend" is really a very loose and blurry term. your girlfriend can be anything from some girl you spend lunch with in 8th grade and kissed once behind the gym after 4th period...or the woman you'v been living with for years with whom you've spent almost your entire life with but have not wed.

see what i mean?

do you think you would care if nobody brought it up? i hope you don't get pressured into doing things you don't feel you're ready for, as i said.

Masakados wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
What kind of girl do you like, Masakados?

No one specific. Just the thought of companionship seems nice. I've never really felt it in life so I'm curious.

that's reason enough, IMO.

companionship is really nice but can get suffocating when there's no space, or alone time. the wrong amount of which can make or break a relationship.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.