Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:00 pm

I wonder if angry have to do with Aspergers, I read an article about it, I forgot if it was for Cerebral Pasly or Aspergers.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2017, 7:04 pm

Mostly irritable not anger.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:40 pm

Anger is a human emotion.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:43 pm

The way you are badly treated for bieng different can make you angry

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 7:47 pm

When I see somebody being mistreated, I can be angry on their behalf.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 12:15 pm

I've heard having issues with anger is a component of it but I never saw it being listed as a symptom. I only saw it being said about ADHD in the books and with ODD which is often a component of ADHD. And some people just have anger issues and nothing else. My uncle had issues with anger so he would punch holes in his walls and he had a short fuse so it was easy to piss him off. I just didn't want to be around him at all when I learned he had that side of him when I was 14 when my dad took him to the Oregon coast with us so he could take care of us kids while my dad did the Hood to Coast thing. Plus he throws out verbal abuse and then goes apologizing and I didn't tolerate it as a child so never again I wanted to be around him. My mom says he had anxiety so that could explain his anger and it was easy to set him off I felt I was walking on eggshells and I didn't like being anxious around him and jumping every time he gets upset and constantly thinking what could make him mad. I am not sure why he was angry and short tempered. My dad gets angry too when he is concentrating and focused and then you interrupt him but he has ADHD. If he very busy and trying to get his work done, he gets testy and short tempered. Plus when he gets low blood sugar, he gets that way too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.