Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2017, 1:58 am

I met this girl on Tinder and it seem like it was a good match. We are going to the same community college, we actually use to be in the same class, we had things in common, kept responding to me and we were having decent chats. We decided to meet and it didn't turn out as good as I hope (because of my Aspergers). Now all of the stuff that happen in the 5 days when we were chatting was destroyed because of the 30 mins we spent together by the looks of things. I sent her a message saying "Hopefully I wasn't too weird, it takes me a few to loosen up" and she responded with "you're fine" then I sent her message regarding something she told me in the 30 mins and no response. I feel like garbage, I feel like if there is a god then why did we meet if it was going to go away so quickly? why was my hopes rise? what was the point?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 4:46 am

Trust me - even if it felt like a total failure, there was a point to it. Think of it as a learning experience. Next time you take a girl on a date, you'll know what not to do.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 5:03 am

KanyeWestFan wrote:
I met this girl on Tinder and it seem like it was a good match. We are going to the same community college, we actually use to be in the same class, we had things in common, kept responding to me and we were having decent chats. We decided to meet and it didn't turn out as good as I hope (because of my Aspergers). Now all of the stuff that happen in the 5 days when we were chatting was destroyed because of the 30 mins we spent together by the looks of things. I sent her a message saying "Hopefully I wasn't too weird, it takes me a few to loosen up" and she responded with "you're fine" then I sent her message regarding something she told me in the 30 mins and no response. I feel like garbage, I feel like if there is a god then why did we meet if it was going to go away so quickly? why was my hopes rise? what was the point?

Things like this used to happen to me, and I let it get to me too much. In college I kept having dreams where I'd meet the love of my life, we'd have a great afternoon together, and then she'd have to go do something. And in the dream I knew I'd never see her again. I guess at the time it frustrated me because I didn't know what to think or trust. I felt I did everything right, just to get the wrong result. But, people can lose interest for whatever reason. I know I often thought more was there than there was, which was hard, but something I had to accept. I've also had a few bad relationships since then, which have changed my perspective. I would say acknowledge your frustration, but don't blame yourself and don't rush into anything because you're frustrated. Even if you were "weird," you need someone who finds your weird to be charming. This lady isn't her. If you're too focused on having a relationship, you'll only find one you feel trapped in.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2017, 1:15 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Trust me - even if it felt like a total failure, there was a point to it. Think of it as a learning experience. Next time you take a girl on a date, you'll know what not to do.

Thanks, I am going to do that

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2017, 1:18 am

HighLlama wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:

Things like this used to happen to me, and I let it get to me too much. In college I kept having dreams where I'd meet the love of my life, we'd have a great afternoon together, and then she'd have to go do something. And in the dream I knew I'd never see her again. I guess at the time it frustrated me because I didn't know what to think or trust. I felt I did everything right, just to get the wrong result. But, people can lose interest for whatever reason. I know I often thought more was there than there was, which was hard, but something I had to accept. I've also had a few bad relationships since then, which have changed my perspective. I would say acknowledge your frustration, but don't blame yourself and don't rush into anything because you're frustrated. Even if you were "weird," you need someone who finds your weird to be charming. This lady isn't her. If you're too focused on having a relationship, you'll only find one you feel trapped in.

I like this comment