Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tader
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2017, 4:30 am

then i look at others they achieved something, we are just annoyance to parents, well i dont say its everyone but still it bugs me, i want to die :cry:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 7:26 am

It can be tough. The problem is we judge success and acheivements by NT standards and it may not be right for us. Sort of like judgeing the basketball abiltities of a person who is very short by NBA standards.

Since we are programmed since birth to judge ourselves by NT values it is difficult to figure out what is it the you as an individual truly want and what we have been brainwashed to want.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 9:07 am

Tader

:D

Maybe everyone, NT and AS, is an "annoyance" to at least two other people

So yes, at least two separate parties have had the nerve to tell me that I am "annoying"

And I find them annoying too

But it is not a capital crime to be annoying

If it were everyone (or almost everyone) would be guilty

But I am not "just" annoying

Because I am other things, good and bad, as well

8)

Besides, some of us are so arrogant that they find everything that they do not like as an "annoyance"

The same thing someone finds annoying about you, someone else might love

Besides you are just trying to live your life

:ninja:

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 4:32 pm

Bald Man, I like your post.

Tader, why do you feel like such a burden? I believe that everyone has value and potential. I realize that you might not believe me however.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

DataB4 wrote:
Bald Man, I like your post.

Tader, why do you feel like such a burden? I believe that everyone has value and potential. I realize that you might not believe me however.

I second that - Bald Man has a way with words.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm

I gues a burden might be a better word to describe us, parents are the annoyance. I personally don't mind being a burden though.

Tader
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2017, 3:36 pm

Yo El wrote:
I gues a burden might be a better word to describe us, parents are the annoyance. I personally don't mind being a burden though.

but your age 17 atleast it showing how can you be burden. I am 25 i die alone , i achieved nothing.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 3:51 pm

^Why do you say that?

I feel it's hard to predict what someone will achieve. Things can change a lot. That's what I've experienced. I've been bad at predicting my own future. Other people have sometimes had more insight than me.

Please keep reaching out.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2017, 4:10 pm

Tader wrote:
but your age 17 atleast it showing how can you be burden. I am 25 i die alone , i achieved nothing.
I think that makes two of us. I dropped out of school 3 times total. And I now spend most of my time on my laptop. I don't have a job, friends or a high school degree. Age doesn't make you more or less of a burden. How much resources you use does (especially time). Kids in that sense are more of a burden. Ofcourse parents have higher expectations when you are older, but expectations and dissapointment don't equal more burden. Parents just have to lower their expectations and we all good. 8)

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2017, 2:01 am

Speaking as a parent, I think my kids are annoying, a burden, and a general pain in the ass. However, I love them to bits and wouldn't change them for anything in the world.

Don't ever give up. You may be giving them things you don't even know. You may yet have something to achieve. Yes, there are tough times, but it can get a lot better.