12 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

I hope i'm never forced to use it.

Eclipse247
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2018, 2:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
I hope i'm never forced to use it.

You are forced to use Fiat with all of its inflation and charges, unless you use bartering or some other means of trade.

Byet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2018, 5:18 am

I really like Bitcoin, I have to say. I would recommend you to try some cloud mining, if you are interested in making money. It is a good way to start as you don't need a lot of money. You can also use those helpful promo codes for cloud mining services. Maybe you will like it too, good luck and be careful, guys ;)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 1:54 pm

from what I've read, it requires high-speed internet access and very spendy specialized computers [that use a LOT of expensive electricity $$$$] rigged to mine the coin. and it is a race to make your bitcoin-mining puter more powerful than the next guy's.

samuelR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2019, 4:36 am

Do I think that bitcoin is a bubble? Maybe, but bubbles can last a long time.

Cryptocurrency as a bubble? No, it's definitely here to stay. There are far too many upsides even at the current state of technology; it will only progress and improve. I've been reading the [urlto keep myself informed on the latest trends in crypto world.

Last edited by B19 on 13 Nov 2019, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2019, 12:39 pm

Never tried it.

I would like to try it but I wouldn't know where to start.

I'd probably only use it for steam or amazon (because it will not let me create an account, last time I tried and paid) so yeah, really just that and maybe something like news, movies and humblebundle (?)

Seems very unstable at the moment if you are not in the know, so for now, I'll let it go.

Personally I'd like it to rise, say in...pog form?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 12:41 pm

Anybody see the May 19th CBS "60 MINUTES" story on Bitcoin? Report is available online.

I'm still not sold!

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2019, 12:02 am

I made a small amount speculating on the crypto exchanges. I learned a lot about emotions and the market by that experience.

I wish I knew how to code my own bot because I have a fairly good idea as to what I would want it to do. I would basically find stable waveforms, analyze the previous 72 hours to develop a standard "low" and "high" that is average for the crests and troughs, buy within 15% or so of that low and sell within 15% or so of that high, and also to sell if the value plummets 10% below the trough average as a safety mechanism. If there was a way to allow spikes in price before selling that would be ideal. Perhaps it could delay selling for a very short period to allow a spike and then exercise a different pattern specifically designed for peaks, but would sell as normal in the absence of sufficient spikes in that short period.

The idea would be to hit at least 1-2% gains daily which would be considered absurdly good for any other traditional investment. If you can hit 3% daily...well you do the math.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:07 am

wish i had that kinda brain power.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2019, 12:10 am

auntblabby wrote:

Me too. I never learned how to code :(

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:15 am

dyadiccounterpoint wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i meant to do the kind of arbitrage you described doing on the bitcoin marketplace. that takes social intelligence, which is not something i'm famous for.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2019, 12:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i meant to do the kind of arbitrage you described doing on the bitcoin marketplace. that takes social intelligence, which is not something i'm famous for.

Don't give me too much credit. I only made money because BTC was unstoppable at the time. I actually did all of the worst behaviors: Jumping into spikes because of "fear of missing out," selling at the first sign of trouble out of fear of losses, too much time listening to discord channels set up to manipulate the new fish, and trying to divine the candlestick charts from personal perception. I just learned a lot by reflecting on it later. It seems easy...to buy low and sell high. Somehow emotions enter the market and cause irrational decision making.

It's that realization that makes me want to code a bot to do it. It has no emotions...no "get rich quick" biases. It doesn't get excited. It doesn't get scared. It will do as it is programmed in a nice, stable way that you can forget about. At least that's what I hope it would be able to do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 1:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Don't give me too much credit. I only made money because BTC was unstoppable at the time. I actually did all of the worst behaviors: Jumping into spikes because of "fear of missing out," selling at the first sign of trouble out of fear of losses, too much time listening to discord channels set up to manipulate the new fish, and trying to divine the candlestick charts from personal perception. I just learned a lot by reflecting on it later. It seems easy...to buy low and sell high. Somehow emotions enter the market and cause irrational decision making. It's that realization that makes me want to code a bot to do it. It has no emotions...no "get rich quick" biases. It doesn't get excited. It doesn't get scared. It will do as it is programmed in a nice, stable way that you can forget about. At least that's what I hope it would be able to do.

buying low and selling high is about the toughest thing for 99% of us which is why 99% of us hafta work for somebody else rather than become independently wealthy. you sound like you are well versed in technical analysis. :study:

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2019, 2:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Don't give me too much credit. I only made money because BTC was unstoppable at the time. I actually did all of the worst behaviors: Jumping into spikes because of "fear of missing out," selling at the first sign of trouble out of fear of losses, too much time listening to discord channels set up to manipulate the new fish, and trying to divine the candlestick charts from personal perception. I just learned a lot by reflecting on it later. It seems easy...to buy low and sell high. Somehow emotions enter the market and cause irrational decision making. It's that realization that makes me want to code a bot to do it. It has no emotions...no "get rich quick" biases. It doesn't get excited. It doesn't get scared. It will do as it is programmed in a nice, stable way that you can forget about. At least that's what I hope it would be able to do.

buying low and selling high is about the toughest thing for 99% of us which is why 99% of us hafta work for somebody else rather than become independently wealthy. you sound like you are well versed in technical analysis. :study:

I appreciate your flattery but feel undeserving. I'm just another organic machine trying to avoid the crushing realities of resource scarcity in an unforgiving Darwinian society, much like yourself. If I were better at the social economic game I wouldn't complain so much! :D

I do think I have the potential to become adept at that sort of analysis, though, and I appreciate your sentiments greatly.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 12:06 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I appreciate your flattery but feel undeserving. I'm just another organic machine trying to avoid the crushing realities of resource scarcity in an unforgiving Darwinian society, much like yourself. If I were better at the social economic game I wouldn't complain so much! :D

I do think I have the potential to become adept at that sort of analysis, though, and I appreciate your sentiments greatly.

Speaking of ressources scarcity; it is the Achille heel of Bitcoin: there is just not enough electricity for it to be adopted by the mass as a currency.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 12:19 am

Tollorin wrote:
Speaking of ressources scarcity; it is the Achille heel of Bitcoin: there is just not enough electricity for
it to be adopted by the mass as a currency.

that made me have a thought :o - in light of this, is there enough imagination and riches in the bitcoin community, for them to fund their own energy research so as to be able to supply themselves with sufficient watts to make more and more money? :idea: