Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:36 pm

You can't depend on other's people's happiness to determine your happiness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:38 pm

You really can't.

But making other people happy DOES make me happy.

But if try too hard, it WILL backfire--guaranteed.

The key is to teach yourself when it's "too much."

One has to assert one's self with dignity.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:38 pm

Your happiness is your own.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 9:28 am

It's a big hard earned lesson in life but a very useful one too, Zach.

It means you can get on with making yourself happy or at least stop making yourself unhappy.

We have a responsibility to look after ourselves which means our mental wellbeing too.

Well done - you have graduated to the next level.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

So true. I have tried to fix my ex's and you can't fix anyone unless they want to be fixed and they will try and do the changes. So I had to move on from them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm

League_Girl wrote:
So true. I have tried to fix my ex's and you can't fix anyone unless they want to be fixed and they will try and do the changes. So I had to move on from them.

Very true and I will add it's not your job or responsibility to 'fix' anyone other than your own kids. Sure, throw someone a life preserver but if they keep throwing it back you owe it to yourself to walk away.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:42 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Very true and I will add it's not your job or responsibility to 'fix' anyone other than your own kids. Sure, throw someone a life preserver but if they keep throwing it back you owe it to yourself to walk away.

That is the problem with relationships sadly. So many people think they can fix their partners, especially if they are abusive, so they stay and they are so miserable in it.

NLC1072
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2017, 11:28 am

League_Girl wrote:

What would make you think anybody needs "fixing"?

NT's sometimes tell us that, and we don't need fixing.

You'll only find the right person, when you've found the right person, don't try and "fix" the "wrong" person.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

NLC1072 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What would make you think anybody needs "fixing"?

NT's sometimes tell us that, and we don't need fixing.

You'll only find the right person, when you've found the right person, don't try and "fix" the "wrong" person.

People with control issues, anger issues, anxiety issues, etc. Both my ex's had issues and I moved on from them.

My brother's ex is mean and abusive and very manipulative and controlling, my brother left her after she cheated and she still tries to find ways to ruin his life and uses their kids as pawns. My brother has tried to make things work between them when they were together but at least he listened to my mother when she told him do not get married just because she is pregnant.

mjames72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

I worry way too much about what other people think of me. Something tells me I would be much more happy with my life if I quit that s**t. I'm tired of living in fear of getting made fun of for being different. I want to be free from the pressure of always having to try my hardest to act as normal as possible.