Why do women think this is a good look for men?

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:38 am

Most guys who are successful with women don't look like bodybuilders----they look average.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:40 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
^I can't reach but I'll keep trying :D

I used my Aspieisms to loose weight 3st 7lb, by changing my bad habits one by one into good habits and then repeating that. You do have to be a bit careful though, the obsessive behaviour takes you a long way, but it can take you too far.

Exercise is good for all Aspies and everyone else. I do weights and jog. But a fit male bod and a very pumped one aren't the same thing. The guy in the vid looked too pumped to me but then we don't all like the same things.

Wow!! That's 49 pounds or 22 kilos. Colour me impressed!!

How did you do it? What did you eat? I need to lose 22 kilos!!

I didn't want to follow a proper diet because they all looked expensive or nuts or not suitable for someone with my sort of life. So I tackled the way my life was different from what it would have been like before everyone started getting fat. I cut out the snaking which I had gotten into because of my funny work hours, and learnt to cook. I did normal meals like sausage and mash and lots of veg, not diet food. I stopped using food as a treat, which I had been doing because I had very little money and everything else costs more. I was a barmaid so stopped drinking the free fizzy drinks which left me with no drink :( and I went back to working a fast bar instead of a slow slow one.

In other words I sorted out the things I was doing wrong, which was a modern attitude to food and not enough exercise. I was surprised at how much I lost because I was always chubby even though my Mum never allowed us to eat rubbish and even after she left when I was 14 my Dad didn't buy stuff like take-aways or biscuits, so I thought that was my norm. I just hoped to loose the extra I had gained. But I lost more and came down to dead centre of the BMI chart thingy, which I'm happy with.

That was several years ago (not put it back on) and ever since I have been trying to keep and improve on my fitness. This has been harder due to injuries, but I keep trying, I jog at about half the speed I walk at :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

If you jog at half the speed you walk, you might as well walk. Less stress on the knees......

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

^Walking's good and I do it a lot but it doesn't give me the high I get from my jog. It also doesn't get me the funny looks :D

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2017, 11:21 am

^^ Try doing interval sprints in the city.. that will get you noticed :)

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

Guys a few things.

The visible, prominent veins are called vascular veins, and they are a good thing. Veins become more vascular when the muscle they supply blood to gets bigger, when the body fat gets lower or by simply having genetically thinner skin. When you see the mass monster bodybuilders however the muscle size is obviously steroid induced and bad. The extra muscle mass causes the heart to have to grow and leads to a myriad of health issues. That howrver is not a worry to those who do not take drugs. A lower body fat is only healthy to a point. What is generally considered the healthy limit in men is 6%. It is also quite difficult to sustain a lower bodyfat as it required more precise eating habits.

Running or joggins won't hurt the knees at all if done properly. Things to avoid sre the so called running shoes, which change the natural shape of the foot and cause people to run differently then they otherwise would. That is what causes the knee damage.

And I do very much agree that being in better shape helps with ones confidence. Especially since i started getting occasional compliments. It makes me feel better about myself.

Also, people are to wuick to assume that people who work out do it because they are vain. For me it is an enjoyable hobby that is quite cathartic. The added strength is very useful from time to time. The better looks are just an extra bonus, not the primary goal.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

Nothing wrong with working out---whatsoever.

Grimnir
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2017, 5:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most guys who are successful with women don't look like bodybuilders----they look average.

Most of them have money and don't need the body to attracted women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 6:18 pm

Outrider wrote:
magz wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
So does swoll look better than ripped?

Both have ugly faces.

They are aliens...seriously, even steroid users don't look like that...