Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 10:57 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/alabama-senate-election-mainbar/index.html

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:18 pm

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:44 pm

Moore is a sore loser. And I'm sure Trump will be, too, when he sees the next Presidential election's vote tally.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

Even if Moore had won, the bipartisan ethics probe in waiting would have BBQ'd his balls, and rightfully so.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:55 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Even if Moore had won, the bipartisan ethics probe in waiting would have BBQ'd his balls, and rightfully so.

Absolutely they would have!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 12:27 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
BBQ'd balls

who would want that?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 8:36 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Moore is a sore loser. And I'm sure Trump will be, too, when he sees the next Presidential election's vote tally.

Maybe he'll blame the Russians and write a book of excuses about the unfairness of his loss with a title like What Happened.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 12:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Maybe he'll blame the Russians and write a book of excuses about the unfairness of his loss with a title like What Happened.

Or maybe he'll blame the Russians for not helping him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:19 pm

Race shouldn't be a political issue, but, it most certainly is.

Thankfully Black voters showed up in greater numbers than in the past & voted for Jones. I read an article about an exit poll that stated that 96% of the black vote went to Jones, and those were the votes that tipped the election just slightly in his favour.

Shame on EVERYONE who voted for Moore simply because he was a Republican. What a disgraceful bunch of people.

I sure hope there are enough civilized forward thinking Americans left to steer the USA back on course. Otherwise.. well, their current political direction will be their downfall both domestically & internationally.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He won't blame anyone for losing because he will never admit to losing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Shame on EVERYONE who voted for Moore simply because he was a Republican. What a disgraceful bunch of people.

I should imagine there are still millions of embarrassed white folk who are hiding their voting preferences from the last federal election. Like a sequel to the hangover movie - people waking up to find they elected a reality TV star to run their country

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I should imagine there are still millions of embarrassed white folk who are hiding their voting preferences from the last federal election. Like a sequel to the hangover movie - people waking up to find they elected a reality TV star to run their country

:lol: Probably... I bet there are a lot of "middle America's" white people who feel they've been duped completely in the worst possible way.. being sold on their candidate improving the lives of those who felt "left behind" only to find out that he's even WORSE for them than their alternative.

Grimnir
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2017, 10:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Right, because I'm sure the Dems will run and push a sensible candidate like Jim Webb *rolls eyes*. As far as the Alabama race goes, I didn't like either one. Hopefully this means that a more Constitutional/classical liberal runs and wins next term. I don't picture Jones lasting more than one term.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 11:37 pm

Grimnir wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Right, because I'm sure the Dems will run and push a sensible candidate like Jim Webb *rolls eyes*. As far as the Alabama race goes, I didn't like either one. Hopefully this means that a more Constitutional/classical liberal runs and wins next term. I don't picture Jones lasting more than one term.

Maybe he won't last, but at least Moore won't be in the senate.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 12:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

When you talked about Moore being a sore loser, I couldn't help but think about Hillary, and her supporters, giving a historic display of being sore losers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 12:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

White people are such a vile race.