Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2022, 9:22 am

thank you for sharing your story.. greatly appreciated man :heart:

Iolandav
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2023, 7:27 am

My 15 month old son has the same obsession with spinning objects. He always uses the toys for the same purpose of spinning. While it doesn't reveal language issues, there are some aspects that I think also point to the spectrum. I would like to know if your child eventually managed to expand his attention to other plays. Has the obsession with spinning prevented him from learning more? I AM portugueses, so forgive me for my English. Thank you very much and best wishes!

teong27
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2023, 10:00 am

hi.. my son is now 8 and yes his play expanded over the years..
some ipad games.. more imaginative play.. and he now does some sports like rollerblading and rock climbing too!
he is less obsessed with spinning objects but its now more developed into stims where i thi k he seeks visual and physical stimulations.. like flicking a stick like object near the eyes or flapping his hands or fingers.. i wont say it has really hampered learning that much.. i mean yes it does distract him sometimes but i see it a something his body does need to do..
hope this helps..
happy to answer anymore questions!

Kalasi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2023, 3:21 am

Hi.. my son is 2 year old.. same obsession on spinning wheels, anything which he can spin, running in circles, running back and forth repeatedly..

Other than these he is good at communicating, pointing things, social interaction good with adults and elder kids. Good eye contact.

I am glad your son is doing good! Was he evaluated and diagnosed autism..
is he able to attend regular school and interact with other kids?

Please reply .. I am extremely worrie

teong27
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2023, 4:50 am

hi
yes he got diagnosed at about age 5 but we already knew it early on.. the diagnosis is more for school applications..
he goes to a special school in singapore now where they do learn the mainstream curriculum to the best they can
he also loves being around other kids and is slowly learning to interact with them
dont worry too much about your boy.. every child is unique and support him and him be himself!

Kalasi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2023, 8:21 am

Thanks for the reply..glad your son is doing well.
I love my son no matter what..
I need to evaluate him as early as possibly as possible to assist him with proper care.
Here there is a huge waiting list to get evaluated.
Is there any other symptoms you had with your son at age 2 to 3 other than spinning objects?

Profcaffeine123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2023, 1:40 pm

What was your child's favourite toy at 3 to 12 months...
Was it a spinning object.

My son is obsessed with spinning objects too age 2.5 now... anything you advise?

Should I avoid buying toy cars??
He points out to ceiling fans, or hvac fans on roofs...

I thought he is smart... now I am stressed