Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:05 pm

i got accepted for ssi! this is very cool news!, no more me freaking out about getting a job anymore! oh jesus i love you! hurrah!!

i didnt even think this could happen is this great news or what!! :D

Last edited by richardbenson on 04 Jun 2007, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:07 pm

Congratulations. I want one.

04 Jun 2007, 9:08 pm

Dude, That letter is two years old.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:09 pm

no it isnt, they found me to be disabled two years ago there just telling me now

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:10 pm

I thought you had $10,000? That's more money than you are allowed to have in savings and be on SSI.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:12 pm

well i dunno. i still got on it somehow

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:12 pm

likedcalico wrote:
Dude, That letter is two years old.

That's probably the date he applied. SSI takes a long time to process.

Stellian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2007, 9:17 pm

Now the important thing is: how much is it worth?

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed something. I thought they were giving you disability because you are autistic, but there's no way you could have "caught" autism 2 years ago (unless you drowned in mercury :D ). Is there something else?

Last edited by Stellian on 04 Jun 2007, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:19 pm

to much dog, VR can kiss my ass!! :P

im personally going to call up one of the f-ing case workers there that put me through HELL and b-ch her ass out!!

Last edited by richardbenson on 04 Jun 2007, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04 Jun 2007, 9:20 pm

That will be lot of money he is getting. My mother applied me for it in October 2003. I didn't get approved till March 2004. I didn't get my first SSI check till June that year.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:32 pm

Stellian wrote:
EDIT: Oh, I just noticed something. I thought they were giving you disability because you are autistic, but there's no way you could have "caught" autism 2 years ago (unless you drowned in mercury :D ). Is there something else?
well i have a cognative disorder and schizoid personality disorder. i also have a fairly low iq, ive had the autism my whole life they just didnt know what to call it when i was in school

this is a flipping dream come true, take that and that and that and THAT! we got one song left what do you want to hear?????

I AM THE BLACK WIZARDS!!

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:54 pm

Starbuline wrote:

Aren't you like 14 or 15? Why don't you want to try to succeed first?

It is AMAZING how so many react so differently!

There are ones like me that do REAL well at work, start of looking GREAT, and the jerk culture ends up breaking them. My two jobs in my chosen area have been LONG! The first one lasted about 19 years, and the second about 8 years SO FAR! The national standard is like 3.

Then there are ones like Lab Pet that may have done fantastic, etc, but they fought hard to be given the chance, and put up with garbage nobody should have to put up with. People, like I am, tolerate it, but certainly hate it.

There are some that struggle to get by.

And then there are some that don't seem to want to try.

Steve

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:57 pm

richardbenson wrote:
to much dog, VR can kiss my ass!! :P

im personally going to call up one of the f-ing case workers there that put me through HELL and b-ch her ass out!!

oh, goodness. . . why create such bad vibes over such a good thing?

by the way... you should have 24 months of back benefits, right?

Merle

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:02 pm

SteveK wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

Aren't you like 14 or 15? Why don't you want to try to succeed first?

It is AMAZING how so many react so differently!

There are ones like me that do REAL well at work, start of looking GREAT, and the jerk culture ends up breaking them. My two jobs in my chosen area have been LONG! The first one lasted about 19 years, and the second about 8 years SO FAR! The national standard is like 3.

Then there are ones like Lab Pet that may have done fantastic, etc, but they fought hard to be given the chance, and put up with garbage nobody should have to put up with. People, like I am, tolerate it, but certainly hate it.

There are some that struggle to get by.

And then there are some that don't seem to want to try.

Steve

I generally agree with this assessment. I found out that some Psych interviews that I did in 1995 when I was homeless after being burned by an employer was for SSDI compensation and backed out of it soon after becoming employed. -- I cannot sit around all day and do nothing and expect a handout.

Then again, there are also people who cannot work for any variety of reasons, they should be supported, but they should at least put effort into being financially autonomous via gainful employment.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 10:04 pm

yes. you dont even know the crap ive been through to get to here, anyways my mother loves me like its motherf-ing 1992 all over again. (suprise suprise) i think i'll go into a group home so she cant get her hands on my money. sorry if i dont disclose how much it is, i just dont want anyone to get unessisarry jelously. anyways if someone i knew from here got accepted i'd be happy for them :D

04 Jun 2007, 10:06 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Stellian wrote:
well i have a cognative disorder and schizoid personality disorder. i also have a fairly low iq, ive had the autism my whole life they just didnt know what to call it when i was in school

this is a flipping dream come true, take that and that and that and THAT! we got one song left what do you want to hear?????

I AM THE BLACK WIZARDS!!

Wait, you have a low IQ and you have Aspergers? Define low IQ. In my mind I am seeing borderline ret*d.

You can't have a lot IQ and have AS because they have average or above average intelligence. And cognitive disorder? If you have AS, then maybe my diagnosis wasn't a mistake after all. After all I have cognitive problems too and my boyfriend says I am not AS because of it and my learning disability and I am not into technical stuff, plus I was a little slow in self help skills but I did the rest on time. I was just late in washing my hair and brushing my teeth.