Being overly emotional/ irrational about cartoon characters?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2017, 3:45 am

LampRat wrote:
I end up really, really, REALLY loving (edit: some, not the) fictional characters I'm introduced to through anime and Japanese stuff (Japan/Japanese stuff is my biggest special interest) and even categorize "characters" themselves as an interest of mine and favorite type of being. I've called sooo many characters my babies, my perfect precious angels, my sons and daughters X3 I've cried over them and ranted about things concerning them. I guess it could technically be called irrational, but I think of it more as a result of my love for them. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's and just thought it was just part of my passion. I never thought to ask if it was anything odd ^^

Some characters I could have acted "irrationally" about were Knuckles the Echidna, Clear, Alvin/Simon/Theodore Seville, (edit: Len Kagamine), and Ryoga Hibiki as well as some animatronic characters from Showbiz Pizza. Those are the only ones I can immediately think of. But if your character is the one I'm thinking it is, I can understand why you would be upset by the argument about them concerning racial stuff.

Oh... me too!
I'm glad that I'm not alone.

BeeFarm wrote:
Quote:
My character is from an anime aimed at children, and I was 10 years old when I first watched it.
Well, actually, I'm talking about Pokemon.
She's from Pokemon. They redesigned her after the racial claims, but some people say that the new design is still racist. So they stopped making new episodes of her.

Jynx?

Ya.
She used to be so strong in Generation 1. I won so many battles in the games because of her.
She's not strong anymore.
I don't even understand why I'm so attached.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2017, 10:21 am

Aa so it was Jynx after all. Yeah, they made a horrible fuss about that one, even changed the character design. Same happened to Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball, too... some sources changed the skin color to blue because apparently a black skinned character was insulting or something.

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
Aa so it was Jynx after all. Yeah, they made a horrible fuss about that one, even changed the character design. Same happened to Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball, too... some sources changed the skin color to blue because apparently a black skinned character was insulting or something.

I actually understand why the original design offended people.
But what's wrong with the purple one though?
I don't see why they can't air the purple one.

Same with Mr. Popo. Apparently, Mr. Popo has not appeared in any new episodes since the controversy.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 7:50 am

SuSaNnA wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

I actually understand why the original design offended people.
But what's wrong with the purple one though?
I don't see why they can't air the purple one.

Same with Mr. Popo. Apparently, Mr. Popo has not appeared in any new episodes since the controversy.

I understand it too, just think that the fuss was a bit too big... I mean Jynx was an imaginary being, not a human character and it doesn't even look that human... or maybe that's exactly why some found it so offensive since Jynx looks a bit like human yet not enough... or something.
Personally I just don't like the purple one since it looked better black... as for why they can't air it, well, I think that they want the whole fuss to be forgotten and that's more likely to happen if the character isn't used in any shape or form.

He hasn't? I was never really a fan of the character so I suppose I haven't paid attention enough. :D