Page 13 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

trickle down econonics- a fairy tale, or what?
trickle down benefits the 99% :idea: 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
trickle down benefits only the 1% :x 82%  82%  [ 28 ]
i'm not sure :shrug: 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: Just heard Sarah Huckabee's first address of the new year and she opened up by talking about how so many American's are getting raises to their wages from the corporate tax breaks that were just handed out.. uuuh, really? Somehow I doubt that IF any major corporations are going to increase wages with their tax breaks that they did it instantaneously. The whole soundbite sounds like complete and utter BS saying the tax cut is working exactly as Trump intended.. corporations increasing wages. :lol: I VERY highly doubt it.

AT&T, Well's Fargo, and Boeing are giving bonuses they claim is due to the tax cut. Whether it's truly due to the tax cut or as a political assist to a candidate they supported in the general election is another question all together.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: Just heard Sarah Huckabee's first address of the new year and she opened up by talking about how so many American's are getting raises to their wages from the corporate tax breaks that were just handed out.. uuuh, really? Somehow I doubt that IF any major corporations are going to increase wages with their tax breaks that they did it instantaneously. The whole soundbite sounds like complete and utter BS saying the tax cut is working exactly as Trump intended.. corporations increasing wages. :lol: I VERY highly doubt it.

AT&T, Well's Fargo, and Boeing are giving bonuses they claim is due to the tax cut. Whether it's truly due to the tax cut or as a political assist to a candidate they supported in the general election is another question all together.

Interesting. Maybe it's for the PR so they don't look like as*holes if they just keep the money for themselves?

I expect that ~80% will greedily enrich their boards & top shareholders while maybe 20% will spread the wealth around a little.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 5:50 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

AT&T was planning to give out a bonus months ago ... before the tax cuts were announced.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 6:16 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

AT&T was planning to give out a bonus months ago ... before the tax cuts were announced.

As I said, their purported reasons for said bonuses may be dubious, but all three companies did give bonuses. Also of note, a bonus is a one time payout, the corporate tax cut is permanent-- if they truly wanted to 'trickle down' the benefits of the corporate tax cut those would be raises, not mere bonuses.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 6:30 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
As I said, their purported reasons for said bonuses may be dubious, but all three companies did give bonuses. Also of note, a bonus is a one time payout, the corporate tax cut is permanent-- if they truly wanted to 'trickle down' the benefits of the corporate tax cut those would be raises, not mere bonuses.

"You want a permanent bonus? Here's an idea! Grow a pair and stop being a crybaby! Is that too much to ask?"
- Conservatives Right Now

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 8:46 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
You're welcome, wannabe-professor windbag.

Funny thing: I've been called 'professor' since I was 12, I'm pretty used to it by now, and I do view it as a badge of honor.

So you've been recognized as pretentious since childhood and equate it as a good thing.

goldfish21 wrote:

My aunt works for a big corp and was told everyone is getting a raise. So that's one corp at least.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:26 pm

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 1:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Funny thing: I've been called 'professor' since I was 12, I'm pretty used to it by now, and I do view it as a badge of honor.

So you've been recognized as pretentious since childhood and equate it as a good thing.

Grade school ad hominem. Your age is showing again.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're a poo poo head with cooties.

Last edited by EzraS on 03 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Poo poo head.

Fart face!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:18 pm

Reported.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
Reported.

Reported * 2, cause I told my mom on you too. And when my mom calls your mom, you're gonna be in real trouble!! !

edit: In all seriousness though, let's let them continue their debate. As much as I enjoy this, it's turning into a game thread.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:27 pm

Hey WP is running smoothly now, so do another even more extensive search of all my posts I didn't do right and then write more long winded crap about them. But best start it in a new thread. Toodles.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 2:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Hey WP is running smoothly now, so do another even more extensive search of all my posts I didn't do right and then write more long winded crap about them. But best start it in a new thread. Toodles.

Nah, I'm not going to rehash an old topic. As for extensive research, I actually automate it with a chrome plugin but I have to reset the plugin every time there's a server error, which is annoying, just not annoying enough to fix.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 12:07 pm

I'm bringing this thread back up.

Middle Class: Your tax cut won't be permanent.

You've already taken the bait, but you don't have to throw yourselves into the fishing boat.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
You've already taken the bait, but you don't have to throw yourselves into the fishing boat.

The video missed that the CPI calculation is changing to the "Chained CPI", which will hurt people.

"The chained CPI: Another secret tax hike for the middle class slipped into the GOP tax bills"
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... story.html