Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 11:26 am

I have never liked making or receiving phone calls, and I only got my first mobile phone a few months ago simply because it was cheaper and more practical than a land line. I prefer to communicate in writing, so texting has proved to be quite handy, but a dozen texts in a month would be a lot for me. If I hadn't been looking for a new place to live recently, I doubt that I would have had to top up my pay-as-you-go yet.

Nira
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2018, 11:22 am

Yes, I have in my mobil phone GPS, mail and Internet, camera, time tables, calendar, alarm clock, but I don't use much for communication. I don't call when do not have to.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 11:31 am

Not really. I use my computer more often. But I do use my phone sometimes to check the internet when I don't feel like using my laptop, or to access certain apps that I don't have on my laptop. And when my old laptop was being slow or I didn't have access to it, I used my phone a lot. But I hardly ever text, and I only bring my phone with me when going out if my mom tells me too.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2018, 9:48 pm

Absolutely not

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:18 pm

No, there is very little that interests me on it. I tend to look at it when I don't feel like doing anything, but otherwise, real life activities will always take priority.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:55 pm

My poor phone is no doubt the least used cell phone in the world! :lol: It's close to 18 years old. The battery is no good any more, but as long as it can be connected, it works.

In some ways I wish I used it more, it's a very good phone.

I seldom make calls, and I refuse to use my phone for anything other than make calls/ send SMS.

Online stuff is for computer only. I don't want it interfering with my life when I'm not on my computer.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 6:47 am

We share a car and a phone; under most circumstances, whoever takes the car takes the phone, too.
That being said, no; I don't use the phone much at all. I absolutely loathe talking on the phone, to the point that I have great difficulty calling, or answering calls from, people I genuinely care about (Interestingly enough, low-value contacts with a clearly defined agenda, like a doctor's office calling to confirm an appointment, are easy). This dichotomy between my strong desire to connect with certain people and my strong resistance to actually doing so is one of my greatest mind-fucks, which not only drives me crazy, but actively contributes to my social isolation.
No idea why this is so hard for me.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:39 pm

I'm on my phone a lot, I'll admit. Most of the time, I will be listening to music, looking at pictures, reading stories and articles, or watching videos with it.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

I always need it on me, but I often am content just sitting around waiting somewhere with it in my pocket.

It's like I'm addicted to having it and knowing it's there but not addicted to actually using it as a distraction.

MarkJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2018, 4:40 am

I actually use mine quite a lot. It's probably mostly Instagram and the PTV app (public transport app) I use most here. For Instagram I have an account which is mostly our poodle, and similarly follow a lot of dog profiles. It's actually soothing watching all these other dog's lives.