Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2017, 10:21 am

Hi dears!
I've noticed some nasty toxic people in my life here and there. :?
A fake-persona gal has been sh*tting on me in front of others at Uni. Her intent is obviously to harm.
How do you deal with such people? The one I'm currently having trouble with is highly intelligent. There should be coping strategies, don't you think?

SuSaNnA
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Dec 2017, 2:49 pm

I'd guess if you tell everyone you have autism, you'd make the girl look like a complete a**hole.
Then she'd probably stop doing it.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 4:31 pm

SuSaNnA wrote:
I'd guess if you tell everyone you have autism, you'd make the girl look like a complete a**hole.
Then she'd probably stop doing it.

I doubt it, some humans are not very nice and autism is just an excuse to ridicule amongst some.

Nice idealism though.

OP

No idea how to answer as i have no suggestions. I retreated from people like that, and humans in general, as it seems no matter what you do, you can't win.

Better to have a quiet life away from their negativity instead.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

Is there anyone you consider to be a friend? If so, you could try to spend more time with them, and maybe explain why you don't want to be around this nasty girl.

Maybe then you wouldn't have to spend so much time around her.
Good luck! :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 8:49 pm

Yes, one of the great things about Uni is that there are plenty of other people around so it should be possible to just ignore her and go elsewhere. When I went there were three different cafeterias run by the school.