Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 12:47 pm

:arrow: Liō

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 5:17 am

The robots are also present at the Olympics, they play baketball with unparalleled perfection. Would this robot cheer if it wins the gold medal :?: Would she/he cry at the national anthem :?:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 2:31 pm

Double Retired wrote:
:arrow: Liō

Very cute Lio ... thank you .!

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 3:44 pm

Erewhon wrote:
The robots are also present at the Olympics, they play baketball with unparalleled perfection. Would this robot cheer if it wins the gold medal :?: Would she/he cry at the national anthem :?:

Inane, idiotic, use of technology.

Robots do not belong in normal Olympic type sports, or in replacing NBA players, or golfers. Their place would be in reviving and standing in for Roman gladiators in blood sport.

And they have already been used that way for some twenty years now in Battlebots, and UK's Robotwars.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 4:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
...blood sport...
What kind of hydraulic fluid are you using?! 8O

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 6:26 pm

Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
...blood sport...
What kind of hydraulic fluid are you using?! 8O

Duhhhh...

Thats obviously my very point.

We dont need robots to replace truck drivers on regular highways. We need robots to defuse bombs, rescue babies in burning buildings, and to explore ship wrecks three miles down in the ocean, and to explore volcanoes, and explore nuclear reactors. Places that are dangerous to humans.

Like wise if we want robot athletes then use them for the right sports...only for mortal combat...dismemberment, murder, so real humans (and animals) arent being harmed! We already have real humans to do non blood sports.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 7:00 pm

If you're using blood in the hydraulic systems I don't want to be around when you run short filling the hydraulic reservoir.

My blood has a prior commitment!

And the pump :heart: is spoken for, too!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 7:03 pm

Robots aren't anymore relatable than people. I'm an animal not a machine.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 1:47 am

People are often more machines than they think at first glance, and outside the body, western people are extremely addicted to machines. Robots are sometimes used to prolong people's lives, pacemakers have been fitted in people since the year 160 after Darwin. This is not exactly a robot, but it is robotica. Fascinating to think about this. Pacemakers with all kinds of applications, which can be controlled via a kind of wifi. Evolution is a blind process, it is impossible to predict in advance what the future will look like. Whether the advanced technology works positively or negatively is uncertain. In large parts of the earth people are so poor that they cannot afford/make these things. I think that the evolution of poor people will be different from that of rich western people. But whether this will work out well or not well for the wealthy people in the long term, i just don't know yet. You can live a long life with all kinds of technical applications, because of these applications this human species becomes addicted to the things that keep it alive.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:25 pm

Double Retired wrote:
If you're using blood in the hydraulic systems I don't want to be around when you run short filling the hydraulic reservoir.

My blood has a prior commitment!

And the pump :heart: is spoken for, too!

What the HELL are you babbling about????

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:59 pm

Erewhon wrote:

That ^is NOT why robots were put on the Earth.

THIS...is why robots were put on the Earth:

Do I speak the truth, or do I speak the truth? :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You indicated you want to use the robots for blood sport. But apparently you only want it to be robots getting damaged. Sounds to me like the robots will have to bleed the blood that qualifies it as a blood sport.

(Oh. And I think the robots have been put on Earth to make my life better.)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:23 pm

Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
You indicated you want to use the robots for blood sport. But apparently you only want it to be robots getting damaged. Sounds to me like the robots will have to bleed the blood that qualifies it as a blood sport. [...]
Meh ... just use automatic transmission fluid in the hydraulic system, and when that system is ruptured, red "blood" will spurt all over the place.  I am certain that would satisfy the primal blood-lust of some humans.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
You indicated you want to use the robots for blood sport. But apparently you only want it to be robots getting damaged. Sounds to me like the robots will have to bleed the blood that qualifies it as a blood sport. [...]
Meh ... just use automatic transmission fluid in the hydraulic system, and when that system is ruptured, red "blood" will spurt all over the place.  I am certain that would satisfy the primal blood-lust of some humans.

Only if they're programmed to make a distressed noise after receiving adequate damage. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Only if they're programmed to make a distressed noise after receiving adequate damage.
You mean ... like this?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Only if they're programmed to make a distressed noise after receiving adequate damage.
You mean ... like this?

I don't hear enough existential terror over the realization that this is the end. :skull:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う