Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Queerphysicist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Dec 2017, 10:21 am

Hey you guys! I’m new here and this is just something I’ve noticed with myself and I’d like to see if others feel the same. When I was younger, and still today. I often identified with robots/ androids in tv and movies. I related to the way they wanted to understand humanity and just couldn’t Get relations/ certain emotions you know? So yeah, If anyone wants to comment if you’ve felt the same and even with the robo you’ve identified with! For me personally Data from Star Trek TNG has always been a big mood™

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 3:05 am

Last year i did visit a exposition in the dutch city of Eindhoven, de exposition was called "Robot Love :heart: "
The Robots where very friendly to me, pure and honest. Anyway much more honest than the average human.
A robot who did give a massage to me, some robots who play music, en robot who did walk with me on the moon, even a sexrobot did show her quality to me. Even some robots with red lips for tounge/kissing. And a very special one who did look like a real human, unfortunely she did cry when i saw her.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 9:39 am

I like the fact that they are well ordered and don't need much.

I like this opening scene from Prometheus:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 3:00 am

The thing above is grey, and with the shape you can make with some fantasy a mouse from it. A mouse is normaly not something for the bedroom. But the thing above is specialy made for in the bedroom. Its a sleep-robot who gives you with light, sound and vibration a good rest at night. The price from this sleep-robot shoud give me sleepless nights because it cost almost 600 €uro. THis robot does not snoring or farting at night, something that a sleep-mate from flesh and blood dont garanty. For people with extreme sleepdisorder it is maybe gift.My sleep-robot is my Quetiapine, i sleep very very good with that red little pill. Eeyore and Winnie are also good sleepmates for me. They remind me to Bianca, Bianca is the girlfriend from Lars "Lars and the real girl", a wonderfull movie. With Somnox-Bianca-Eeyore-Winnie is no real interaction, but my flipped mindset feels like there is interaction.

https://meetsomnox.com/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

Spock is a sort of robot. :mrgreen:
And he is a poster boy for the autistic community. 8)

But for you, here is Data:

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2019, 1:20 am

Usually in some movie, when "machines" fight against humanity, I cheer for machines.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 1:32 am

Queerphysicist wrote:
Hey you guys! I’m new here and this is just something I’ve noticed with myself and I’d like to see if others feel the same. When I was younger, and still today. I often identified with robots/ androids in tv and movies. I related to the way they wanted to understand humanity and just couldn’t Get relations/ certain emotions you know? So yeah, If anyone wants to comment if you’ve felt the same and even with the robo you’ve identified with! For me personally Data from Star Trek TNG has always been a big mood™

I really like the character Data, hes awesome, certainly my favorite character in TNG.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:22 am

The Six Million Dollar Man

Unfortunely there are much to much six million dollar man at the Dow-Jones and Wall-Street who destroy and steal democraty from humans. But in this case i mean the serie from long time ago. The Six Million Dollar man was half human and half Robot, sometimes they did open his belly with a zipper, and a lot of electronica was in his stomach.
The serie was about 40 years ago i suppose, but nowedays there is much bionic things i humans. There is even a deep brain stimulation for people with a depression, pacemakers for the heart, a hearing aid, and even a simple clock and watch are in a certain way robots for humans.

Do humans controle robots, or do robots controle humans ? You never know which way the evolution wil go, but robotica make humans as species weaker in my view.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 6:46 am

Kraftwerk - The Robots

We're charging our battery
And now we're full of energy
We are the robots

We're functioning automatik
And we are dancing mechanik
We are the robots

Ja tvoi sluga (=I'm your slave)
Ja tvoi Rabotnik robotnik (=I'm your worker)

We are programmed just to do
anything you want us to
we are the robots

We're functioning automatic
and we are dancing mechanic
we are the robots

Я твой слуга Ja tvoi sluga (=I'm your slave)
я твой работник Ja tvoi Rabotnik robotnik (=I'm your worker)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 3:54 pm

I don't like cigarettes, but for the rest I agree with the youtube video.
Someone explains that a Robot is a metaphor for people with autism. Now there will undoubtedly be people who do not recognize themselves. The Robot in me is broadly the exterior.
The inside may occasionally have something robotic in it, but the inside also hides an antonym from a robot. People who know me a little better, and people with human knowledge see it i suppose, I think that the robot in me is a kind of protection shield firewall.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 1:41 pm

desperately needing a REBOOT
Program has reached ABEND portion of programming .

Yes the entire entity that is THE Borg .. Picard was a very good borg for a time .
7 of 9 was particularily good . Data .s human programming showed up in his very personality .
As a bot , Spock was very good. Have been fearful that my own programming has many confliction errors that have been programmed in . Warning Will Robinson .. WARNING.
Data might be a good metaphor for aspies. :nerdy:

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 1:55 pm

Erewhon wrote:
I don't like cigarettes, but for the rest I agree with the youtube video.
Someone explains that a Robot is a metaphor for people with autism. Now there will undoubtedly be people who do not recognize themselves. The Robot in me is broadly the exterior.
The inside may occasionally have something robotic in it, but the inside also hides an antonym from a robot. People who know me a little better, and people with human knowledge see it i suppose, I think that the robot in me is a kind of protection shield firewall.

Liked this video very much , bravo erewhon.

Very good erewhon ,thank you. Soft applause in bachground,

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2019, 10:15 am

I definitely tend to identify with robot characters in media. And usually the non-humanoid ones, or those with more 'classic' stoic/unemotional robot mentalities or even inhuman ones, not those who are goofballs or other types of comic relief. I'm more Artoo than Threepio; more Tachikoma than Gundam, more Castle Heterodyne than Jenny XJ9.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 10:31 am

The only robots I identified with were characters in books written by Isaac Asimov -- R. Daneel Olivaw, in particular.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2019, 10:37 am

Jakki wrote:
Have been fearful that my own programming has many confliction errors that have been programmed in.

I've run into a couple of those myself. Certain thought patterns I can't sustain; others I can't seem to grasp although I should be able to. Notable gaps where people expect there to be standardized algorithms or response matrices. I guess at least I've been able to map some of them out, so I'm not caught flat-footed on every occasion.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 10:47 am

Fnord wrote:
The only robots I identified with were characters in books written by Isaac Asimov -- R. Daneel Olivaw, in particular.

loves this picture.

Well rounded compilation of bots , might include some of robert heinliens bots too . Das Mechinaca .,and another one, the movie based on book ,Do Androids dream of electric sheep . Phillip K Dick , i believe. ( Blade Runner)
Heinliens : Lazerus Longs entire space ship .