Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 10:53 am

It took a while to remember the title, but this is the first science-fiction book I ever read about robots:

The Runaway Robot
by Lester del Rey
1st published 1965

"We're returning to earth," Paul's father tells him. Paul is wildly excited, for all human beings on the planet Ganymede dream of going back to Earth some day. Then Paul finds out that he cannot take his robot Rex with him. Rex has been his constant companion for sixteen years. Leave him behind? Never!

So begins a series of breathtaking adventures in space as Paul and his robot Rex attempt to outwit the forces that seek to separate them.

I remember thinking, "How could they be so mean to Rex? He just wants to be with his family."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 10:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
It took a while to remember the title, but this is the first science-fiction book I ever read about robots:

The Runaway Robot
by Lester del Rey
1st published 1965

"We're returning to earth," Paul's father tells him. Paul is wildly excited, for all human beings on the planet Ganymede dream of going back to Earth some day. Then Paul finds out that he cannot take his robot Rex with him. Rex has been his constant companion for sixteen years. Leave him behind? Never!

So begins a series of breathtaking adventures in space as Paul and his robot Rex attempt to outwit the forces that seek to separate them.

I remember thinking, "How could they be so mean to Rex? He just wants to be with his family."

Totally sympathize With Paul about Rex ..

Sometime in the last few years , a movie called La Machina , were the female bot . Eventually seemed to reach an awareness . Living in this offgrid type , ubertech .pillbox / bunker styled . In which where ever her developer , owner
Would just leave her there and go about his day . Day after day , And ever so slowly . Her dissatifaction grew . Being locked in constantly . Then one day , she turned the table and left him locked in , Never to return .
Then of course , I Robot . With Will Smith . The Bots almost took over the city.
But of course one bot with more humanity in him saved the day.
Could easily see, rooting for the bots .

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 10:11 pm

Fnord wrote:

The Runaway Robot
by Lester del Rey
1st published 1965

Sorry but needed to add this one bit of sarcasm.......death to your roombas . Stop them to death . :skull:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 12:24 pm

I just came across the robot below on Twitter. Or should I say in this case robotin or roboteuse 8) :?: A body that holds his head. This is different for a robot, the brain and processor can just as well be in the ankle or the middle-leg. Although, maybe there is a wifi connection between the head and the body. The head which sends signals via 5G to its arms to put the head back in its place. :)

She have a bit the pose like the robot from Fnord

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 12:55 pm

Erewhon wrote:
I just came across the robot below on Twitter. Or should I say in this case robotin or roboteuse 8) :?: A body that holds his head. This is different for a robot, the brain and processor can just as well be in the ankle or the middle-leg. Although, maybe there is a wifi connection between the head and the body. The head which sends signals via 5G to its arms to put the head back in its place. :)

likes this one alot... and its expaination ..
Somehow, i feel the caption for it should read
" To be or Not to be"

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2019, 3:20 pm

Erewhon wrote:

Honestly, it looks more like photoshop.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 1:37 pm

The practical applications of robots placed Japan "ahead of the curve" for decades in automation- notably the production of motor vehicles.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:49 pm

I like robots, just as long as they don't take over manual jobs. I'd hate to live in a world where there are no more jobs for me to apply to.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 12:12 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like robots, just as long as they don't take over manual jobs. I'd hate to live in a world where there are no more jobs for me to apply to.

Humans obvious attenuated to doing repetive tasks requiring little judgement.
As best suited . Whereas .things require intelligent decision based of existing parameters of decent societal human interaction . Prolly need relagation to more intelligent species , or electrical impulse capabilities , with appropriate logic parameters.
When you force human opinion into otherwise logical . Practical situations and ad the undo influences of outside parties or possibly , unethical, influences .
And a persons ability to disregard obvious situations in favour of a bias one..
( Jane Doe)

The job situation may not entirely be adversely affected .
Yup hope can still get a job .

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 7:50 am

Dial1194 wrote:

Honestly, it looks more like photoshop.

Very good possible Dial1194 that this robot is made by photoshop, like the robots from Asimov are made by 'Brainshop'

About 1 year ago i have met a girl lke the one who holds there own head in there hands. But the one i have meet did have there head on there shoulders. It was in a exposition about robots in Eindhoven. Because it was at a exposition i knew that she was a robot. But when i shoud have see her in daily life, i shoud think she was a human. This robot could even cry, and when i put my hand on her shoulder she did look at me. Unfortunely she did not stop crying when my hand on her shoulder. The of her in Annelies. I the video below at the moment of 40 seconds you can notice Annelies.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 2:25 pm

The first psychologist of the autism team said once to me "you have a monotonous voice, that is typical of autism" She did not say that I have a Robot voice, maybe she thought that by the way. With a simple trick, you can transform your voice into various robotic voices. And about 40 other ways to make your voice a metamorphosis. Even one where you can talk back in time, an imitation of Neil Armstrong, and Russian is an option.

https://voicechanger.io/

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 12:39 pm

Erewhon wrote:
The first psychologist of the autism team said once to me "you have a monotonous voice, that is typical of autism" She did not say that I have a Robot voice, maybe she thought that by the way. With a simple trick, you can transform your voice into various robotic voices. And about 40 other ways to make your voice a metamorphosis. Even one where you can talk back in time, an imitation of Neil Armstrong, and Russian is an option.
Very fun .. thank you .
https://voicechanger.io/
thank you .. fun

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 3:20 pm

Today its 100 years ago that Isaac Asimov was born in the city of Petrovitsji (Петро́вичи)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 12:11 pm

The proof that Robots have a good sence of humor :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 1:39 pm

Erewhon wrote:

Well...who hasnt felt that way at some time? Like giving yourself a stern talking to!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 2:24 pm

I've never related to a robot, as they're objects. Also I'm nothing like a robot; I have emotions that I feel intensely and I can easily relate to other people.