Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jesuslover123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2017, 8:12 pm

I have recently been Diagnosed with Autism. I am 36 years old. They Used the Childhood Autism Rating Scale, and I scored a 4 out of 4 (meaning 1 is superior and 4 is in desperately of some help socially. 3 he said is a reasonable median, need to pay attention to social cues and such but not too bad off. Anyone ever been tested with this test? Also, anyone else on here recently Diagnosed?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:01 am

Hello

I was diagnosed about 3 months ago it was not like that. It was about 200 hundred questions covering childhood development, senses, school problems, social interaction as an adult ect. and by my behaviour during the assessment itself, 1st part 3 hrs, 2nd part 1.5 hrs.

I found it took longer to adjust than expected to the news because there was a lot more to it than I had previously realised, (things I had thought were problems only I had). Also it meant that problems I'd had with other people were not going to go away by meeting someone nicer or having a job with nicer people, they were permanent because they were me.

I've adjusted now though, and am feeling a lot more positive about it all mostly because of finding other people like me, on here :D

Jesuslover123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2017, 6:38 pm

TThabk you for your plum and input!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 6:21 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 6:53 pm

Welcome Jesuslover123,
I'm 58; was diagnosed last month. He used two other tests; I'm not familiar with the one you describe.