Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 5:30 am

My hair can be somewhat startling.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 7:59 am

I bet Krafty could clear out the subway when he howls like a werewolf. Aside from that, I think he belongs on Comedy Central. That dude is funny on here.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:16 am

HistoryGal wrote:
I bet Krafty could clear out the subway when he howls like a werewolf. Aside from that, I think he belongs on Comedy Central. That dude is funny on here.

I agree. Krafty is hilarious.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:57 am

^^^ I am envious of you. I wish I owned a revolving museum in the Roman Colosseum style!

thewho7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2017, 12:36 pm

Most people, once they get to know me, figure they can walk over me. Which used to be the case, but not anymore.

I have sensed a few people in the past that have looked scared by me. It's a very interesting experience meeting most NT's who couldn't even tell you what Asperger's is, let alone have met someone with it. It's usually mostly consistent with confusion. Noticing missed social cues, monotone voice, lack of emotions on the fake, quietness, etc.

Didn't understand the few that looked scared. Right now I have a thick beard, but outside of that, I'm not full of muscles or super tall (6 foot even).

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2017, 1:02 pm

I stopped cutting my fingernails and getting regular haircuts around age 14. Now I have a large afro and am starting to grow an afro beard. I feel that people were more repulsed by me back when I made an effort to look normal, because they expected me to be a normal person. Nowadays, less people talk to me, but they are also less repulsed, because they do not expect me to be normal.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2017, 1:28 pm

Short answer: yes, people are afraid of me.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 4:23 pm

I get "are you military"? It's pretty common. What I find most comical is when someone I don't know wishes me happy Father's Day. Nobody can read me.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

Not really, but I get as much respect as I desire. Being 6'1" tall and rather muscular helps with that.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2017, 5:29 pm

Yes. My mere presence has made men flee and women weep. All fear me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

Many people {especially people at my former Catholic Church} view me as a threat.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm

I think it's the demeanor of being comfortable in your own skin. If you're not smiling your head off people are afraid to talk to you. It's not as bad for me because I'm a woman, but I've had long term friends tell me that they were afraid to approach me initially until someone told them I was nice. Elbowgrease, your avatar expression is the same one I carry most of the time. People generally don't mess with me either lol. Same deal with my mom. It's just how calm we are, people don't know what to think. People that aren't calm usually resort to fear when they don't know what to think.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm

One of few things I'm very aware of as a child that others are scared of me, sure. Mainly because I was known for being violent.
If not that, no one would intellectually try to challenge me mainly because, well, I sleep a lot in class only to have a high score of quizzes. :lol:

At this present, :twisted: I could be scary if I like. I know several ways on how to intimidate people not just out-creeping perverts on the street -- but also the subtile ones that involves connections and social standing.
I prefer committing the former than the latter, though. Because it's fun that way. Bonus points that it also requires less restraint. :lol: And most at the time, they deserved it.
The latter is just :shameonyou: it involves someone else or a group taken into account, that 'upper class poise', being outspoken, psychological complexity that borders and enters the mind games and 'invoking privilege or standing' doesn't feel right. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 11:43 am

Glflegolas wrote:
Not really, but I get as much respect as I desire. Being 6'1" tall and rather muscular helps with that.

Well, yeah, that certainly helps. Keeps the bullies at bay!! ! Unless they're cowards who gang-attack you or mob you (google the example of Shawn Rossington in the U.K. who was described as a "gentle giant", at 6'4", who was beaten, bottled, and stomped to death by a mob of louts who lured him to a field under false pretenses).

Clearly, they weren't afraid of him as a group - but just frikkin' cowards nonetheless :evil: I hope the autism chapters over there try to obstruct any parole hearings.

So, don't agree to meet anyone anywhere unless it's in a visibly public place. Best advice!

Kovu
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2017, 1:45 pm

Buc wrote:
I don't know if it's my lack of facial expressions or lack of anxiety, but no one messes with me. Even in jail I don't get bothered. I wish I could tell people "do this and you won't get bullied" but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

So you hate gays because you fear you can get cornholed in jail?

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2017, 1:49 pm

I'm less worried about getting cornholed in jail than I am getting roofied by a gay.