Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 11:16 am

I don't know if it's my lack of facial expressions or lack of anxiety, but no one messes with me. Even in jail I don't get bothered. I wish I could tell people "do this and you won't get bullied" but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 11:48 am

Well I think if you mentioned to people that you were in jail that would be reason enough for them to not mess with you :p Then again generally people are afraid of people who are either really big and tall or if they seem emotionless or something. Can't say I've had people be afraid of me being the fact I'm not that tall and have a small frame but I do have plenty of people that thing that I have no emotions and that scares them but other then that they don't care much.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 12:01 pm

I'm 5'7, 165 lbs. It's been like this forever. When I was in 8th grade my teachers brought my mom in for a parent teacher meeting and told her they weren't going to punish me anymore because they were afraid I might follow them home and hurt them. That thought never crossed my mind. But I did do whatever I wanted for the rest of the school year. In California it's even worse. I've been 86d from 3 bars without even getting into a fight.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 12:17 pm

Yeah, I had no idea where I was going wrong for the longest time back in the 90s as a young adult (before my ASD diagnosis in 2001). It was like, people would tell me indirectly (via others) that I made them uncomfortable or "weirded them out", mostly females of course, even though I had no depraved intent.

I always thought "well it's THEIR problem, not mine" - but the thing was, they were making it *my* problem, by excluding me from this and that and starting unjust rumours (defamation in some cases). I almost got banned from uni campus and lost a job b/c of it.

In the early 2000s, still in my 20s, I got speech and nonverbal therapy, and rehearsed more using certain movies and mirror, and then I stopped hearing those comments. :D

Hang in there!! don't give up, don't give in.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 12:29 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like that the fact that I intimidate people. Intimidating women is the part that sucks.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 1:05 pm

Some people are... >_> Probably because I tend to express that I can get violent when someone rubs me the wrong way.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 1:08 pm

No. I've been told I look like a scared mouse.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

Only on the subways when I meow like a cat and howl like a Wolfman.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 4:14 pm

Yeah, and I'm not entirely sure what it is about me that does it, but common first impressions of me are creepy, intimidating, and rough looking. It's good when I really just want to be left alone, it sucks the rest of the time.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 4:22 pm

Most people are weirded out by me. I'm short, look young for my age, and I have a weird voice. People are even more weirded out by me since my stay in a psych ward last January.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 8:49 pm

Women usually don't like me....men pretty much leave me alone. I have that stay away vibe going on.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 9:31 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
Yeah, and I'm not entirely sure what it is about me that does it, but common first impressions of me are creepy, intimidating, and rough looking. It's good when I really just want to be left alone, it sucks the rest of the time.

You kind of look like me. Are you from the east coast?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 10:05 pm

Out in public people keep their distance and stare at me because of my weird mannerisms. I'm starting to transition from weird kid to creepy dude.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 10:13 pm

I'm terrifying.

To no one, ever.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 10:30 pm

Buc wrote:
elbowgrease wrote:

You kind of look like me. Are you from the east coast?

From Illinois originally. Been in NorCal for about ten years though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 10:44 pm

I'm quaking in my boots right now looking at your picture......

I think I might have to go out and channel my Inner Wolfman.