Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm

does anyone here exercise? I do gymnastics and strength training. Gymnastics is really important to me.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:44 pm

I run twice a week and for part of the year I paddle.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 1:13 am

I do Zumba or regular workouts.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2017, 1:41 am

I used to do acrobatics, but couldn't handle the training hall anymore. I'm a little bitter about it, but I still practice my handstands when the weather allows for it, and I have a very physically demanding job, so I still get the energy out.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:02 am

I was raised believing that physical effort was a sign of lazy thinking. In high school, I always ran dead last. Then, I discovered bicycle commuting and became the fittest of my friends. I still try to integrate exercise into my daily duties, but am now wasting food just to keep my body running fast enough to move the sludge. I put my bike on a generator for the >5C seasons I used to ride though, and have started doing stretches. I should do weights, too, but I'd rather go unload trucks for free.

JT_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2017, 9:04 am

The only exercise I really do is when I'm walking around at work. Don't go to any gyms or anything like that.

RAADS-R: 170

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:17 am

I consider exercise essential to mitigate my depression. It is one of the irrational seeming constants of living in a human body. I have also been vegetarian since age 20 (I grew up on a beef farm, so I knew what was in the cheap packages.) with a preference for unprocessed food. Now, when I go to the MD, they double check that I'm not using prescriptions, as if I misheard the question. I'm also amazed at all the digestive distress anecdotes around now. Garbage In = Garbage Out.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2017, 6:00 pm

I used tp bang my head against the wall, sometimes against my pillow. it would make everything right. I would feel okay. A few days ago I felt like that so I did V ups and knee \ins wildly (they are gymnastics ab exercises) and it really really helped. It made me feel free. Throwing back handsprings and front handsprings does too.

At the gym I would sense all the people not wanting to be there, all of them wanting to be cool, so I felt their apathy towards exercise. SO now I do weightlifting at home and at the gymnastics training center.

I can see myself maybe being a coach someday, idk. Gymnastics and figure skating and pretty much all artistic sports, are my "special interests"....obsession, passion, intrical part of the fabric of my being. Just finished a small gymnasticsw workout. Ate badly today so I'm going to do V ups. :D

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?