Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sensei Processor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2018, 12:34 am

Yeah, for sure. Vegetables cut up real tiny, by themselves or mixed with anything. Anything dry that isn't thin and crunchy. Tiny bits of flour that didn't properly mix into the pancake batter, ouch! Ketchup, pickles, bananas, anything containing them? no thanks! But nothing is worse than mashed potatoes, or boiled potatoes, or really any potato that isn't super thin and crunchy (aka chips and fries). It's like a spiky cotton ball that bursts into a bunch of tiny pieces and then proceeds to attack all inches of your mouth. Just try and swallow it without it touching your lips, teeth, tongue, roof of mouth, sides of mouth, or throat, and you might make it through dinner alive. Lol.

There's lots of other foods I don't eat aside from the ones listed above, but that's mostly related to a stubbornness surrounding new things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2018, 1:05 am

green olives are to me, indescribably metallic, sour and bitter, same thing with ginger. and cucumbers, although borderline benign in flavor [a bit on the astringent medicinal side], have a horrible "grunchy" quality like eating crunchy rubber.

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 1:40 pm

Generally I'll eat anything (so long as it's vegan) BUT, i have to make everything a specific way. Because if somebody else cooks for me they might not do it right. Also the only food issues I really have are certain textures, never flavors, so i would say i'm not too picky, just very specific in how i prepare the food. But,I actually really like to mix food together. It helps with the sensory aspect for me. If there's a texture I don't like or find just horrendous I can kind of mask it well with foods of a different texture. Probably why I like soup and salad as much as I do. But certain things i am VERY picky about.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2018, 7:19 am

When I became ill; my mate started doing almost all the cooking; caring for me. In a few days, we will go visit my sister-in-law and her family, who will have graciously prepared food for us. Under such circumstances, what I like or dislike is not relevant; others have prepared food for me as an expression of kindness, hospitality, and generosity. My practice is to accept everything which is offered without discrimination and with sincere gratitude.

Eating is a rare privilege denied to so many; somewhere in the world a child starves to death every 15 seconds. Who am I to be picky?

When I see this food before us, I am mindful of the hard work and sacrifice of many beings which has brought it to our table, and vow that when I encounter someone in need, to respond in kind.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

I am picky about food too

But not as picky as you

Pyromanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2018, 11:17 am

Not really but oftentimes texture trips me up. In general, I like "strong, bold, rich, sour, spicy" type tastes that kind of bite me back.