Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2018, 3:22 pm

It's going to be a novel aimed at teens and is about body swapping :) Has anyone ever tried to write a book too? :) Did you publish it?

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2018, 6:14 pm

I've been writing for years. I'm happy to see anyone picking up the hobby; it's really fulfilling. In the past, I've mostly written novella-length stories. I can only produce a novel if it in some way involves a special interest of mine, as my last project did. I've never attempted to publish one, though - only short stories and essays. If you don't mind a piece of advice, I'd suggest that you find other books that center around a body-swapping conflict and read through them to learn which tropes those stories lean towards. It's the best way to turn out a really original piece. Good luck!

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2018, 6:30 am

Actually it's not going to be about swapping bodies as such, as it's going to happen just in the imagination of a mentally ill person who just imagined they switched bodies as it's explained at the end :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 10:31 am

I have quite a few ideas for books and am writing some of them, but I highly doubt I'll finish them any time soon, let alone get anything published. I'll try, though.

Good luck with your novel.

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2018, 12:06 pm

If you don't want to try to publish them, then why writing them at all? :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

Irulan84 wrote:
If you don't want to try to publish them, then why writing them at all? :)

Me? Well, I mostly do it for fun (and as a form of therapy; some of them have some dark stuff that I need to get out of my head), but it's not like I said I never want to try to publish them. If I do finish one (I have a lot of ideas so I tend to get side tracked) and think it's good enough then I will try to get it published. So yeah, the reason I doubt that anything would get published is because I'm not sure if I ever end up finishing any of it.