How old were you when you stopped using a night light?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jan 2018, 7:59 am

I stopped at 19 when I got my own computer & there was alittle light from that since I left it on. I didn't really need a nightlight for a long time before I quit using it but it made things a tad easier.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 9:15 am

Never used one, I like pitch black, my eyes are very sensitive to light especially light in the dark.

FrozenTurtle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2018, 9:56 pm

I never used one. When I was a child, I could never sleep unless it was pitch black and totally silent. Once I finally did fall asleep, I could sleep through anything. I was never afraid of the dark, I liked it better. Still do. I feel a lot calmer and more focused at night than I do during the day.
As an adult I can sleep with minor lights and soft noise around me but it took a long time to get used to.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:52 am

A night light never alleviated much for me, turning up the intensity of light is not going to disperse the seeds or outline of whatever's bothering me, unless there's an actual physical root affecting what I am processing in the room. I just dealt with it or at least confronted it within the same texture and shades. I can think I'm going nuts or think something is lurking in bright daylight or pitch black, by turning a light on or throwing shade around, I have altered the environment in an attempt to flood or flush the negative thoughts, and cannot accurately judge the situation any longer so I prefer keeping things as they are until I'm satisfied I've assessed things properly. It is useful when some dubiously perched plastic bag is causing me hassle and I turn a light on and see the shadow and scrunched up lines were giving me the bad vibes however!

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 3:21 am

Piobaire wrote:
We use night lights with motion sensors; the house stays dark unless you get up and move about, and then you don't have to find the light switch.

Same here. These are great little gadgets. I'm not too steady on my feet and don't want to fall over the furniture if I get up in the night.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame