Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:27 am

Me personally as an Autistic my predictions would be that the world would look more like Europe (Esp. Western Europe, and the Nordic countries) because there would be smaller towns because we like our peace and quiet, Technology would also advance a lot more quickly than it currently is because a lot of us take on the STEM field, Autism Speaks and Cure Autism Now would be taken down in the matter of days, little to no corrupt politicians, We will get the leaders we desperately want and need, people would be nicer to each other, laws against loud noise would be passed, No long seminars for anything, more nonfictional assignments would be assigned and fictional topics would be left for recreation. That's my predictions for an all Autistic world.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 10:02 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
...people would be nicer to each other...

Oh dear. Yet another (NT?) person who thinks we are nothing less than angels. "Aspies" can be just as mean as the worst en-tees out there, especially when provoked.
As for Europe having "smaller towns", well... not compared to Australia! The town I live in has only approx. 300 people in it. The "city" is nearby Creswick, which has approx. 3,200. The really big city (like, New York or Tokyo big) for us is Ballarat, with a population of circa 100,000. Melbourne, with a population of over four million is an entirely alien planet for us, like the planet Trantor from those Isaac Asimov novels.

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2018, 8:31 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Me personally as an Autistic my predictions would be that the world would look more like Europe (Esp. Western Europe, and the Nordic countries) because there would be smaller towns because we like our peace and quiet,

You see the same thing in most of the world, anywhere away from the coasts in America, from plains to forests, deserts to mountains, small towns are the norm.

Quote:
Technology would also advance a lot more quickly than it currently is because a lot of us take on the STEM field, Autism Speaks and Cure Autism Now would be taken down in the matter of days, little to no corrupt politicians, We will get the leaders we desperately want and need, people would be nicer to each other, laws against loud noise would be passed, No long seminars for anything, more nonfictional assignments would be assigned and fictional topics would be left for recreation. That's my predictions for an all Autistic world.

Technology would be more niche filled, with more varying standards and less compatibility across platforms. The Likewise politics and academia would indeed be less offensive, but in large part, because grid-lock between wildly different ideas would take hold. Long seminars would be the norm! as every lecturer is presenting on their SI. And as the natural alliance with fandom suggests, fiction would be here to stay (although with greater emphasis on the "speculative" branch, Sci-Fi and Fantasy would not only be their own genre, but the various sub-genre would be recognized in every library).

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

eeVenye wrote:
Technology would be more niche filled, with more varying standards and less compatibility across platforms. The Likewise politics and academia would indeed be less offensive, but in large part, because grid-lock between wildly different ideas would take hold. Long seminars would be the norm! as every lecturer is presenting on their SI.

I think this is the sort of thing that would happen as nobody would want to compromise on their ideas. The world only works (well, sort of anyway) because some people are prepared to get together, talk to each other and come to compromises about what they want.

I would like the world to be run by people like my (very) NT friend. She seems to have a magical ability to make friends with anyone (in real life; she doesn't do social media) and in her job she seems to be able to find common ground between people with very widely varying views. It would be good to have some autistic people in there too, but I think a world of purely autistic people would just not work as everyone would be trying to pull in very different directions all the time and few people would be willing to compromise.

Of course the world is a bit like that as it is but there are enough people working together to ensure it doesn't quite implode, or explode.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2018, 12:46 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Me personally as an Autistic my predictions would be that the world would look more like Europe

There was a chap once who used to think exactly like that. I guess his name was Adolf Henkler or something along these lines. Also, some people these days say that he was an autist. He was but a mean piece of crap of a person, though.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 2:09 am

This is my very first thread I posted.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 7:25 am

^^^And it's a good one, thought provoking.

I don't know how I would go living day-to-day with only autistics. I'm used to being surrounded by non-autistic people and having them help me with things.

There would most likely be jobs that no autistic would want to do. And how would social media hold up with only autistics on it? What would television and music be like?

These may be silly questions but they're ones I don't have answers for.

coschristi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2019, 3:32 am

Dylanperr wrote:
there would be smaller towns because we like our peace and quiet, Technology would also advance a lot more quickly than it currently is because a lot of us take on the STEM field ...

... little to no corrupt politicians, We will get the leaders we desperately want and need, people would be nicer to each other, laws against loud noise would be passed, No long seminars for anything, more nonfictional assignments would be assigned and fictional topics would be left for recreation.

Well, that ^ sounds utopian to me ... I would be happy to build a life in a community like that!

The question is; "What is Autistic?" Or; "Whose Autism?"

I mean; I doubt anybody would want to attempt life in a society where everybody had no more nor no less executive functioning than I do. Not to mention hand-eye coordination. Forget about actual buildings ... you would see entire cities held together by super-glue & double-sided carpet tape.

My youngest son's Autism? Yeeeaah ... NO. We would all be characters sitting in a classroom scene from Goanimate on Behavior Card Day & "getting a white card means you are suspended for 10,004,560,083,200 ... years." An entire population that can't use the toilet independently, despite being 6'2" & 220 lbs? Yikes.

Now, I could envision a BAP (broad autistic phenotype) population getting close & I think we were headed in that direction up until about 60 years ago. Not anymore.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2019, 3:56 am

aint it all on some height of "autism" now??

the idea you cant understand what "others" live

the thought that you can only understand yourself only

the decent into particules who are seperated by oceans of nothing

and all the king's horses
and all the king's men,
couldn't put Humpty together again.

"The box was now a metaphor instead of a packaging a concept. The
title figures at two key junctures of the book—where it serves both as a
symbolic alternative to Freud's model of the psyche, and as a spring-
board for Kesey's surprisingly harsh criticism of his own life and times.
At the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, Devlin E. Deboree (the stand-in for
Kesey in the novel) encounters Dr. Klaus Woofner, based on 'Gestalt
therapy' psychiatrist Fritz Perls. In a hot tub, surrounded by his naked
admirers, Perls scrawls a drawing of a divided box on the back of a
check, the image representing physicist James Clerk Maxwell’s
"demon in a box"—Maxwell’s attempt to undermine the Second Law
of Thermodynamics. In the physicist's thought experiment, a demon
in the box sorts through hot and cold molecules, resisting entropy and
imposing order. Perls uses this image as a symbol of our own
consciousness, with the demon now trying to sort out right from wrong,
good from bad. But, as with Maxwell’s demon, the one in our head is
engaged on an impossible task, and exacts his revenge on us, his
misguided 'demon-master'."

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 9:58 am

What would an autistic *town* look like? If a town was built that was optimised for autists, how would it be different? How would people live? What businesses would thrive? How would the education system work?

It's worthwhile figuring these things out, because aspects could then be ported to the real world.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 9:35 pm

I doubt it will look any different from a purely NT society. Autistic people are just people, anyway.

Marine83
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2019, 3:43 pm

For some reason when I saw this post I imagined a country run by autistics as a dystopia disguised as a utopia. Basically a European style social democracy on the outside but a dictatorship on the inside.