Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which level of ASD do you have?
I am diagnosed with ASD level 0 (subclinical) 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 1 (requiring support) 45%  45%  [ 34 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 2 (requiring substantial support) 19%  19%  [ 14 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 3 (requiring very substantial support) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 0 (subclinical), but I am not diagnosed with it 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 1 (requiring support), but I am not diagnosed with it 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 2 (requiring substantial support), but I am not diagnosed with it 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 3 (requiring very substantial support), but I am not diagnosed with it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 75

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 8:49 am

I am interested with which level of ASD are people on this forum diagnosed. I suppose that most of people here would have ASD level 1, but I think that there can be also some people with ASD level 2. I am from Poland, where ICD-10 is currently used (not DSM-V, like in USA).

I suppose that if I would be diagnosed with ASD it would be ASD level 1, although in Poland I have certificate of disability level 2 (moderate level of disability - umiarkowany stopień niepełnosprawności) and certificate of total incapacity of work (orzeczenie o całkowitej niezdolności do pracy, which is a counterpart of certificate of moderate level of disability).

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 9:44 am

I have level 1. Though I do hope to become functioning enough to the point where I can be considered level 0.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

I was diagnosed with autism during the 1960s, as well a few defunct "disorders."

I would not have had Aspergers under the DSM IV because of my speech delay.

I would probably be ASD Level One under the DSM-V.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

nca14 wrote:
I am interested with which level of ASD are people on this forum diagnosed...I am from Poland, where ICD-10 is currently used

I would have said that people diagnosed with Asperger's under ICD-10 or DSM-4 would usually map to ASD level 1 under DSM 5. People diagnosed with Autism ICD-10 or DSM-4 would usually map to ASD level 2. Not sure how PDD-NOS fits in.

But I have heard people use the term "Severe Asperger's" or "High Functioning Autism" even under DSM-4 and ICD-10, so maybe it's not a direct 1-1 mapping.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 11:08 am

I was diagnosed with Asperger's, so probably level 1.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jan 2018, 12:12 pm

I'm not officially diagnosed (just a psychologist's opinion) and checked lvl 1 but the reality seems a bit more complex in my case.

Most of the time I function on level 0, have a job, spouse, kids and do well enough. But sometimes it's like I hit some wall, can't work, can't care for the kids, don't understand what people are talking to me... my boss is an Aspie too, so he is understanding about it and my family helps me with the kids but when it happens, I guess I fall from lvl 0 to lvl 2 for some periods of time. And then again I climb to level 0. So I guess the overall level is 1. Most of the support I get from my family and my aspie-friendly workplace but I indeed do need it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

In Britain I have Aspergers and am diagnosed as such we don't do the level thing in the UK. So Level 1. My 'support' to use the US terminology consists of Prozac and my family (wife and children).

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS so I really have no idea where I would be on the spectrum. I believe I am somewhere in between 1 and 2.
I can't even vote because I don't really know where I would fall.

Since I'm not in college, on SSDI, have never worked in my life, have a hard time with conversations, and anxiety through the roof, I feel more closer to 2 than 1.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:11 pm

I was diagnosed AS but had classic autism speech. I have complex dyspraxia and unable to work yet. I rarely have meltdowns or sensory overload, interrupting alot occasionally with repetitive behavior, not only talk about special interests and consider myself something like 1-2 or 2.

What else can be level 2 with verbal autism?

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 2:27 pm

How does someone get diagnosed with level 0? I agree that there are lots of people who have autistic traits but that the traits are less that what are required for level 1, but wouldn't still result in no official diagnosis?

Seff
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
How does someone get diagnosed with level 0? I agree that there are lots of people who have autistic traits but that the traits are less that what are required for level 1, but wouldn't still result in no official diagnosis?

No idea if there is actually a level 0 diagnosis but I’ve selected it from the list as I’ve been diagnosed ASD, but with no level. Not even been given a ‘so your autistic...’ leaflet :roll:

I’ve watched a Dr. Tony Attwood video on YouTube where he talked about a boy he’d helped with Aspergers.
Basically in later life this boy came back to say he wasnt accepted into the police force because of his Aspergers, so Dr. Attwood re-assessed him and re-classified him as not autistic - he was then allowed to join the police.

So I guess with enough help maybe someone can learn to cope enough to move classifications, and as ASD can’t be cured maybe the idea of someone who is level 1 being classed as level 0 isn’t such a crazy idea?

Your neurodiverse score: 177 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 34 of 200

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:21 pm

I'm not sure what level I'm officially diagnosed with, but I'm guessing it's 2.

mjames72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

It's hard to tell whether I have level 1 or 2. My extreme anxiety probably puts me closer to 2.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 5:48 pm

I would not exclude the possibility that I have level 2 (and rather not level 3, I am capable of going to the shop or to a doctor without help of another person) because I am rather moderately-functioning, not high-functioning because I have disability level 2 (moderate, not mild) and ruling of total incapacity of work from Social Security Institution (which is an equivalent of ruling of moderate disability). I have no friends and even colleagues since about 11 years. I have never had a girlfriend and, of course, have no wife or offspring. I had a job for a person with disability certificate which I found after looking for job offers in foundation helping people with disabilities. The job was very simple, I was obviously underemployed.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 6:47 pm

Unknown, wasn't given level with diagnosis. Either lower 1 or higher 2. Right in the middle of the two I think.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 6:59 pm

I don't require any support in day to day living, so I guess it'd have to be level 0.