Have you ever wished you could have been at a certain time?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KatieisaStrangeCreature
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2018, 7:09 pm

So, there's a guy on YouTube called kaptainkristan who makes video essays that I like because he's basically just talking about stuff he likes and why he likes it, and he has a video about Newgrounds and how it basically heralded in a new generation of independent animators, and all I could think of was that I wished I could have been there, in Newground's prime, animating my own stuff and seeing all these other animators flourish. But, I didn't start using the internet as frequently as I do now until around the latter end of 2016, and, to put things in perspective, I was born in 2003, which I'm pretty sure is the same year that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was released for the Gamecube.
So I'd hear people complain about how awful Teen Titans Go! was and how that's a real shame considering how good the original was, and I'd feel a little sad that the show aired from 2003 to 2006 and that I can't exactly go back in time and make my one-year-old self watch it. I'd find and notice that it was uploaded in 2009 and that much of the comment section seemed to all miss the old days, and I'd lament the fact that I wasn't around to experience this old YouTube. I was 6 years old.
Basically, my point is, I've got nostalgia for times that I wasn't around for.
So.. I'd like to know, have any of you guys ever felt the same way? I hope I'm not alone in this...

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2018, 11:16 am

I feel like this more often than not. I think it has to do with me feeling older mentally than I am.
I know it sounds like a grumpy old man but I also hate kids humor these days.
I can barely watch any cartoons anymore because they all suck.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2018, 9:21 am

Same here. The dialogue is nasty and the animation is distorted and weird. Most cartoons are not cute and are not funny.

BeeFarm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2018, 5:03 pm

I understand how you feel there are some things I wish I'd witnessed or been a part of, but I also realize that we should appreciate what we have now as it will eventually be nostalgic to us. (I was born in 2003 too.)