Give Up On People Who Don't Want To Be Around You

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm

It doesn't matter if the other person is great with everyone in your life and has done so many great things in comparison to you along with having a lot in common with you. If the other person does not want to be in your life don't worry about that other person not wanting to be in your life.

As much as I felt embarrassed at myself for not getting to have a better friendship or even a good relationship like how I envisioned in my mind. It's perfectly okay. There are lots of great people while they are together that they just don't work out together as hoped.

Find someone else who can be just as great who is willing to be around you. I'm sure you will.

Let's stop vilifying the people who left us, because they have their own lives to get to. They can however vilify us and tell how terribly embarrassing we are with saying how much of a joke we are to them, but just don't focus on them.

Okay, let's hope for a great 2018 with new people. :D

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

Most importantly, not worrying about what others think about you.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 1:02 pm

Zach, you're a great guy. I hope you find someone *soon* who sees that and understands its value, and loves you for it. :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 3:40 pm

I have no problem vilifying people that have used me and left me on the side of road.....of course I reserve the right to say what I want about people like that.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2018, 3:45 pm

There have been a lot of people who either never could manage to figure me out or, once they had, decided I was just too much trouble.

Their loss.

I think it's fair to say that in real life, most of us are on the introverted side. This means, among other things, that we have limited time and room for others in our lives - and those lucky, precious few who manage to find a home inside our shields are incredibly special. They'll find a lifetime of loyalty and a friend/partner without equal.

So the ones who took themselves out of the running? Yeah, they had to go. They have to get out of your way to make room for the ones who'll stick with you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 7:26 pm

I found a life coach who gives good advice on being rejected and how one can use those to motivate yourself. I just found him in fact and his name is Isaiah Henkel.