Emu Egg

05 Jun 2007, 9:43 pm

everywhere i go and see relationships happening. it really gets me upset

i sometimes wish that all relationships would end

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 9:46 pm

I would be fine with being alone if I didn't like someone right now.
I don't care about other people's relationships though.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 9:49 pm

Sometimes I wonder if at some point I'm going to snap and slit the throats of a bunch of young couples out of pure infuriation.

MagmarFire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2007, 9:51 pm

Well, I don't really have much to say other than trying to ignore it. But you probably had more than your fair share of ignoring stuff like that, didn't you? :(

Raiku
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2007, 10:01 pm

MagmarFire wrote:
Well, I don't really have much to say other than trying to ignore it. But you probably had more than your fair share of ignoring stuff like that, didn't you? :(

got that right, espesially when your parents "rekindeled their fire" and your brother just lost his virginity and hes 5 years younger than you

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2007, 11:59 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if at some point I'm going to snap and slit the throats of a bunch of young couples out of pure infuriation.

Yeah, it's hard looking at others when you've been there, and can't find your way back, but I don't think I would ever harm someone physically I just mock them from a far, or critize... so you aren't all that alone, I get fairly mad sometimes,

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 12:28 am

Just remember, most of these happy couples
probably deserve one another. That's enough
revenge for me. :twisted:

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 3:44 am

It's sad, but I learned how to live without being in relationship, actually in loneliness. I turned off myself. I am like a tick in the tree, for which life has nothing better to offer than perpetual hibernation. The tick is waiting in the tree for years, blind, deaf and dumb, until it let itself drop when scents a blood. My feelings are hibernated, I don't mind being alone. But the longer I am hibernated, the more difficult it will be to let myself drop of the tree.

MagmarFire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2007, 9:07 am

calandale wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's something I oughta remember whenever I see a couple showing off. XD

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2007, 9:31 am

I go to a University where at least three quarters of it's attendees are in a relationship of some form or other. So spending my days surrounded by simpering couples and individuals joyfully bleating about their partner at the other end of the country is fairly typical.

I myself have had three relationships that could be in any way described as 'normal' and thanks to the experiences had in each I have now largely given up on the whole 'love' thing, it takes too much effort, costs too much money and leads to too much pain - particularly where an NT is involved, as their ability to tolerate me is considerably minimal. A relationship with another Aspie may be more successful, but i'll need to find one first.

In the meantime, I shall continue as I am. An evening spent in the company of my housemates and their assorted partners confirms to me that i'm not missing much.

I wouldn't worry about it. Out of every couple you see each day, I would wager that more will have split up within a year or two than will still be together.

As I say, you're not missing much... :D

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 9:39 am

Quote:

That thought runs through my mind every Sun when I have to deal with my ex and his girlfriend. :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 9:46 am

subatai_baadur wrote:

It happens; I've heard news stories like that.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:31 am

I don't understand why seeing other people in a relationship bothers people so much. Does it just remind you of the fact that you are single yourself or is it something else?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 11:42 am

Sopho wrote:
I don't understand why seeing other people in a relationship bothers people so much. Does it just remind you of the fact that you are single yourself or is it something else?

In my case, it reminds me of what I don't have and won't have, and is therefore painful. It makes me angry at myself because it feels like a personal failure ('everyone else can do it'). Knowing that it's probably a relationship that won't last doesn't soften the blow, since they can easily find someone else, and then another and another.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

DudeMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2007, 1:02 pm

To me, being in a relationship is a form of acceptance. I could relate to other men of my age in their relationships. Like being in a secret club, that was the biggest appeal of relationships to me, social acceptance from male peers. It's kinda dumb I know, but think about it.

As for the young and timid lovers that scourge the streets like the f***ing black plague, watching them break up when they mature and get a grip is quite entertaining.

Well Raichu, here's to us getting decent women, so we can go back to the clubhouse.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 1:09 pm

DudeMan wrote:
To me, being in a relationship is a form of acceptance. I could relate to other men of my age in their relationships. Like being in a secret club, that was the biggest appeal of relationships to me, social acceptance from male peers. It's kinda dumb I know, but think about it.

I always felt the opposite,
but most of my friends were
without a female.