Are you always the last person in class to finish tests?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2018, 10:28 am

I always take the longest to do tests. Usually, by the time I hand mine in, everyone else is waiting to move on to the next thing. It makes me feel a little bad sometimes, because I worry that I'm wasting everyone's time. But I don't know how they all manage to finish so quickly.

Anyone else have this problem?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 10:51 am

I'm not always the last, but definitely among the last ones. I've just always written it off as being a bit slow at everything I do, in this case reading and writing.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 12:09 pm

That depends. If the subject was reading intensive, like history or literature, I'd be done first, and often ace it.
If the subject was mathematics intensive, like algebra or statistics, I often couldn't complete it; even when they gave me extra time.

mjames72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

Back when I used to take tests in the classroom with everyone else I was always the last one to finish. Now I take all my tests in the disability services office with extended time, which helps but there is still a time limit. I also still have to deal with distracting loud noises like people coughing and sneezing. I hate those noises so much!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 5:10 pm

Usually I am the last one to finish tests, but not always. Depends what the subject is.

I remember at one point I was given extra time, but I lost that because I was retested on my abilities, and no longer qualified. My extra time was due to my slow writing speeds, however the tests also showed visual processing difficulties.

The second time I was tested I scored the same on visual processing, but I couldn't get extra time because apparently that wasn't enough on its own to qualify me, since my writing speed had improved greatly. So yeah, being in the 1st percentile for visual processing apparently didn't grant me any help.

Emrystic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2018, 1:26 am

I tend to finish things rather quickly and usually am one of the first done, if not the first. However I never turn things in first. I usually will wait till someone else is done and follow them to turn an assignment or test in.

sneaky snek
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2018, 3:56 am

I tend to get done pretty fast even if I don't really know the material. Unless I'm having a Bad Time with the lights, then I'm fighting the whole time to put the words together.

k.wolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2018, 7:52 am

It depends on how much studying I've done beforehand and the time available to do the test. A lot of times in my university mid tests have a very short duration (1h, 1h30min) so everyone finishes pretty much at the same time; when the time is up the room is still full of people. Yesterday though I had a calculus test where max. duration was 3h, I left when there was still 1h left and I was surprised at how many people were still in the room, because I thought the test could have been much harder than what it was.

Jesuslover123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2018, 2:23 pm

I’ve had this problems. Not to worry as long as you get done. It’s frustrating I know.

Stradaniye
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm

Oddly enough, I can often finish tests early, but that's because I'm so nervous about being timed that I don't take the time to examine my answers. I hate being timed.

He promised I would find a little solace and some piece of mind…whatever just as long as I don’t feel so…

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 5:13 pm

Emrystic wrote:
I tend to finish things rather quickly and usually am one of the first done, if not the first. However I never turn things in first. I usually will wait till someone else is done and follow them to turn an assignment or test in.

Same, I felt very uncomfortable turning my test in before anyone else, so I'd wait until someone else turned theirs in. But unless there were essay questions, which take me quite a long time, I was usually one of the first people done. Either I knew the answers or I didn't, I rarely had to spend much time thinking about it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 5:26 pm

The first time I took the GRE was in the mid 1970s. I had only slept about three hours before the test. During the test, I'd finish each section in about half of the allotted time and then take a nap until time to start the next section.

Since they kept having to wake me up for each section, I'm sure they thought I was doing terribly on it. If I had been more wide awake, I could probably have done somewhat better, but my scores were quite respectable as they were.

When I took the test in the mid 1990s to return to grad school again, it was on the computer. I got about two hours sleep before getting up and driving to the testing center. Since I didn't have to wait for others to finish, I could go from section to section at my own pace. I finished each section in plenty of time. Out of the three sections, I aced the analytical portion of the test and came very close to acing the math portion of the test.

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 11:40 pm

I am usually one of the first ones to hand in tests. It feels so great when I get to leave the exam venue when everyone else is still working on it. My classmates must have felt really threatened. :twisted: I always leave with an evil smile on my face and make sure to cross eyes with someone in the room.

My Pixiv page:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=21167374

weirdgorlriri
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2018, 9:11 pm

I sometimes feel confident with the material, so I would breeze through the exam with no problem. It doesn't mean I get A's all the time, but still. I find coffee to help for some reason.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 7:41 am

coalminer wrote:
I always take the longest to do tests. Usually, by the time I hand mine in, everyone else is waiting to move on to the next thing. It makes me feel a little bad sometimes, because I worry that I'm wasting everyone's time. But I don't know how they all manage to finish so quickly.

Anyone else have this problem?

Unfortunately I have that problem at work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2018, 6:31 am

I always took the longest to finish test due to my dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, & ADD.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition