Worrying too much about your posture is bad posture

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 8:32 am

I've seen many people with bad posture while I'm out in public, but they manage to walk it off like it is nothing. Compare that to us when we try too hard to have good posture in public. I mean there are lots of normal people of all shapes and sizes that have strange posture and strange ways of walking. We are not alone. Just walk it off like it is nothing.

solo
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2018, 3:19 am

I have bad posture and I try very hard to hide / minimize it. Unfortunately it seems to be hereditary. I used to hear comments at least back to second grade. Doctors seemed to ignore it when I was younger and I haven’t been to one in over 15 years now. Pretty sure it is kyphosis. Shoulders are able to move forward at least an extra 6” more than most people and when sitting, I can hunch my back to the point of almost 90* and sit a dinner plate on there. Walking I can hide the bulk of it, it’s embarassing and I used to be very self conscious about it until I just decided to avoid most human contact. Previous generations had it. It sucks, I will never take my shirt off in public, and can never ride a motorcycle. Not an option. Toss on the ocd, self doubt, irrational fears and aspergers and I am an awesome candidate to die alone. I would love to trade something to correct my spine.....left nut, multiple fingers, etc. lol. Oh well.