What was your First Song or Album Played on?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 12:50 am

So being as how technology is constantly changing, I’m still having trouble deciding to get rid of my CDs.
I’ll never forget how excited I was to get a CD with a CD player for Christmas. Music was and always has been my obsession. My first album was Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill. I still have the CD and it still plays well after all these years. I’ve gotten rid of so many things due to space but I just can’t get rid of my CD collection. I’ve noticed my mother is the same way with her records. She’s not big on tape cassettes but has a lot of LPs and records she got from her teenage years. Like me though she uses the iPod or goes on youtube to listen to music.

So what was your first album or song played on and what songs did you play?

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 1:31 am

My first were 45 RPM vinyl records from my parents and grandparents. 1. Paddington (the bear) and 2. Louis Armstrong's, Hello Dolly, both played on a portable turntable my parent's put in my bedroom, and I would fall asleep, listening to records, every night, and, to this day, I cannot fall asleep without listening to music. Apparently, I could sing along to both songs, long before I began to speak.

Paddington, Paddington, Paddington pie
A bird can whistle and so can I
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Paddington, Paddington, Paddington pie

Tra la la
Tra la la

Tra la la
Tra la la

Tra la lalalala

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:20 am

Kelby wrote:
My first were 45 RPM vinyl records from my parents and grandparents.

I had my first record player and that played on 45 and 78 RPM records. My first song played was Three Dog Night's "Eli's Coming"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm

Even though I was born in 1994, the first album I remember listening to a lot was a Blondie Greatest Hits album on cassette that was my mother's. I actually can't remember the first CD I had, it might have been Britney Spears' first album.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 3:14 pm

I believe the first album I ever listened to was on good ol' CD.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2018, 4:37 pm

"The Aristocats", vinyl LP, and I played it on one of these:

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2018, 3:28 am

I had to listen to my first albums on my parent's record player which looked something like this.

The first album of my own that I ever played on it was Led Zeppelin IV (the one with Stairway to Heaven on it). My parents weren't impressed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

Sandpiper wrote:
I had to listen to my first albums on my parent's record player which looked something like this.

The first album of my own that I ever played on it was Led Zeppelin IV (the one with Stairway to Heaven on it). My parents weren't impressed.

“Turn down that noise” :D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

Sandpiper wrote:

When I was little I also used listen to my parents’ records playing. They were playing cassettes by then but my parents’ still loved playing their records. I remember how excited I got when there was a scratchy kind of sound as it a record was about to play. Some of it was silly kid music but I also used to listen to Bob Dylan and some other artists way back from my parents’ generation.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 12:54 pm

My first album must have been A-ha's Hunting High and Low (because I loved Take on me). I got it on cassette when I was 8 or 9, and I played it on the cassette player on my radio.

The next two I got were 3-4 years later, Creation's My present and Glenn Medeiros' Not me (international version that include Nothing's gonna change my love for you, the reason why I wanted it), both on cassette. At that point I had also began to make mixed tapes

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765