Page 8 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 8:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
There's no physical traits associated to Autism as far as I know.

Therefore, the beauty/ugliness ratio is the same as in the general population, that if we exclude fashion and grooming from the equation.

I think you're right that some can be homely and some can be attractive just like anybody else.

But the two traits I have noticed about many Aspies including myself is that we often look younger than we really are (more "innocent" if you want to call it that even though we are not all 100% innocent), and we all have this look to our eyes almost like a blank stare which I think comes from the fact that we don't make eye contact with people or read people very well.

Maybe some people find that attractive when you are already a good looking person?

Ok, so I did a quick research to find if there's any physical characteristics associated with Autism, I've found only one study:

Quote:
The presence of any of three abnormal physical features — an asymmetrical face, tufts of hair growing in the wrong direction or a prominent forehead — can help diagnose autism, according to a study published 6 June in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders1.

These don't sound like characteristics that the majority of people would find attractive at all.

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/clini ... se-autism/

Plenty of beautiful people like actors and singers have asymmetrical faces and I'm not so sure about the hair thing. My hair looks pretty normal and most Aspies I know have hair that looks normal too.

Most people really aren't attracted to a lifesized plastic Barbie doll or Ken doll.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:40 am

Presented for the jury's consideration.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:35 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

I think you look handsome especially in a leather jacket. :wtg:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 1:54 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

Is that a degree on the wall? Are you a doctor?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:02 am

@TW1ZTY Thank you kindly ☺️

@Boo alas, a PhD it is not. It's a diploma to certify my pugilistic proficiency. (it's a martial arts diploma).

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:58 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
@TW1ZTY Thank you kindly ☺️

@Boo alas, a PhD it is not. It's a diploma to certify my pugilistic proficiency. (it's a martial arts diploma).

You really are a good looking guy. Don't take this the wrong way but if I thought you were interested in me at all I would want to go out with a guy like you. :D

I hope that doesn't sound offensive. :oops:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 11:20 am

I'll take it as the compliment that it is 8) . And, fingers crossed, you'll find someone just like me, but unlike me enough to swing that way.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 9:06 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
I'll take it as the compliment that it is 8) . And, fingers crossed, you'll find someone just like me, but unlike me enough to swing that way.

I hope so. :mrgreen:

Maybe once I lose enough weight and build up muscle I can be handsome too and maybe find a guy who is attracted to me. I think working on my confidence helps too. :D