Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2018, 11:39 am

Hi all! So the past couple times I've tried to send a pm I type my message and hit send then the page reloads. I can't find my recent attempts at pm's in my sent messages so I don't know if they are working. Also Kraftie I sent you one a few minutes ago so if you're reading this and you got it let me know. Thanks!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 11:59 am

^^ that's annoying!

The site gets fratchetty round midnight my time and I've started opening a Notepad file then - and before I post anything at that time of night, I load a copy into the Notepad page and save it. Then if WP chokes or goes offline when I post, at least I can copy/paste my stuff in on the next attempt.

We seem to be getting a lot of spammers and sockpuppety trolly things lately, wonder if we're getting some kind of denial of service attack. Weird, who'd want to pick on a bunch of Aspies? :shrug:

(Edit in: yeah, it even hung before it posted my message initially. I saved a copy, suspecting it would.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 12:01 pm

I didn't get your PM, Sunshine.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2018, 12:11 pm

Thanks Kraftie I'll try again!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

Your PM's are working again, Sunshine, I believe.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2018, 2:40 pm

That's great. I tried the main website instead of mobile so maybe that did the trick. Thanks again!

Last bumped by sunshinescj on 16 Jan 2018, 2:40 pm.