Trump Fakes Indian Accent When Talking About India's PM

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 1:49 am

cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
i kind of know it was done in ridicule, but still, if i was the Indian pm, i would laugh and say" come on don! i'll give you lessons on how to talk like me. maybe you can make a career out of it, who knows?"

If I was the Indian PM I would do an Alec Baldwin impersonation of Trump (ala SNL)

Now, I'd laugh my a$$ off at that! :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 6:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
They say the greatest trick the Satan ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
I'm expecting Trump aka Cheeto-Satan to follow suit.

Both Trump and Satan would say his existence is "fake news"

Ah so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 6:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
yeah i established you have no sense of humor at all.

And neither does Trump...hes been trying to shut down Alec Baldwin for a while
A bit rich that he can make fun of the disabled or ethnic accents but apparently "his majesty" is off limits

Anything his majesty does, up to just sipping some water, is used as a vehicle of ridicule. So he can pretty much do whatever he wants, since there's no escape anyways.

In other words no matter what, the complaining and ridiculing would continue full force. So there's no incentive for him to mind his p's and q's. Even if he went totally Emily Post, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 6:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
Anything his majesty does, up to just sipping some water, is used as a vehicle of ridicule. So he can pretty much do whatever he wants, since there's no escape anyways.

A lot of people are also waiting for results. So far he hasn't delivered anything constructive except take credit for developments in the economy that are actually attributable to the Obama administration

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

A lot of people are also waiting for results. So far he hasn't delivered anything constructive except take credit for developments in the economy that are actually attributable to the Obama administration

That really doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about.

However...

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:46 pm

A little bit off topic I suppose, but, I actually met Modi once. Had chai with him in Goa while he was campaigning for PM. Didn't even know it at the time. I'm generally impressed by his actions. Nearly every time I look for news about him I end up reading a story that makes me think highly of him. Also found a few weird parallels between him and I.
I've been trying to write him a letter for a while now, just can't get it to come out right. Stress.
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

However...

yeah substitute any political leader between terms of government

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:11 am

there is a cartesian type of intersection between successive administrations.
policies often take more time to cook the final dish than the tenure of the president who inculcated it.

so just one thing i can think of is that "apple" has come back home to roost in the usa.
$220 billion in local investment and expenditure and 20,000 jobs.
why? they said it was because of the new tax rates trump legislated.

that's just one.
anyway i am in australia and i could not care too much.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:56 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

However...

Or we could be honest and look at actual economic charts from the time period in question instead of lazily relying on a political cartoon.

All measure GDP (except last one which is private investment, also heavily responsible for economic gains/losses), merely different resolutions of the data and they all show the exact same thing:

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 10:44 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
The more I hear about this lunatic, the more I'm amazed that I can still eat and digest solid food.

That's a mortifying thought to imagine, yet the absurdities and complete callousness of this adult child don't shock me one bit, cause he goes about such as it's business as usual.Whereas; me or you would act & behave in a more respectful & intelligent manner.