Who is the next democrat Presidential candidate?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:33 am

It's very likely that Hillary Clinton was the main reason Trump unfortunately won the 2016 elections. :(

However, with the 2020 elections around the corner I thought it'd be fun to discuss and predict who will be the next president Democrat presidential candidate. :D

Is it gonna be Bernie Sanders or Michelle Obama?

-Thomas Jefferson

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:58 am

I don't care who it is as long as he/she is willing to pass anti-corruption legislation.

Once the American government is freed from corporate chains, the democratic process will do the rest. Whatever happens next will be decided by the American public, rather than the American upper class.

Sanders would be nice.

If Americans really want a female president, Cori Bush, Jill Stein and Elisabeth Warren would all be good choices.

I'm not rooting for Michelle Obama. She will probably continue the fake liberalism of Barack Obama ... which is what created the macho trollpublicanism of Trump in the first place.

Michelle is loyal to the man she married. This is usually a positive trait ... unless you married a neoconservative in liberal clothing.

Fake liberals tend to marry other fake liberals. Let's not make that mistake again.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:00 am

Oprah Winfrey.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:11 am

I wouldn't want Oprah Winfrey. She's a fine talk show host.

Just like Trump was a fine reality-show host.

Both should stick to what they do best.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

If this happens, Trump is going to get four more years.

The Dumbocrats are going to keep losing if they think that feminism is all about worshipping greedy businesswomen. What about the women in the working class? Those women are more noble than the stuffy aristocrats and the female celebrities.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't want Oprah Winfrey. She's a fine talk show host.

Just like Trump was a fine reality-show host.

Both should stick to what they do best.

Woah! Oprah?! that was unexpected! :o

-Thomas Jefferson

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:21 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

The Dumbocrats are going to keep losing if they think that feminism is all about worshipping greedy businesswomen. What about the women in the working class? Those women are more noble than the stuffy aristocrats and the female celebrities.

Sounds like Bernie Sanders would give the Democrats a better chance at winning

-Thomas Jefferson

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:24 am

Many people, liberals included, find Bernie Sanders' fiscal/money policies to be impractical. His Democratic primary opponents, and his Republican opponent, should he be nominated, will pounce all over them.

He would also be pretty old by 2020.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:30 am

Democrat Logic: Vote Sheoldred for president in 2020!
What? You don't like Sheoldred? Is it because she's female or because she's black? Checkmate Bernie bros!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:48 am

Sheoldred's VP could be Mother Brain.
What? You don't like Mother Brain? Are you afraid of a strong woman or are you racist against brains?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:08 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

Yep. Just as the Republicans have their extremist members, so do the Democrats. After 17 years of presidential extremism, American voters are probably going to look for moderates of both major political parties, and party leaders know this. Look for state governors and former presidential appointees who relatively few voters recognize to become the vanguard candidates. Watch for one or more retired federal judges to offer themselves as constitutionalists defending the bill of rights within each party.

Instead of Trump and Clinton (or Sanders) again, think of U.S. Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman Jr. I can say that the Huntsman family has more influence right now than former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (who is seeking election to replace U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch, and won't be a threat to any presidential candidate). The Huntsmans are fierce at the moment, having: 1) placed Huntsman Jr. inside U.S./Russian geopolitics, 2) financially spanked the University of Utah over a two-year scandal involving Huntsman Cancer Institute leadership, 3) purchased The Salt Lake Tribune newspaper, and 4) control of more than $3 billion in various international assets, while contributing much of their cash and influence for the benefits of cancer patients, recently legalized same-sex marriages in the State of California, universities and colleges, and humanitarian aid.

The Huntsman family is, in the best sense, a collection of political moderates. In my opinion, they are quite similar to the Kennedy family in the Democratic party.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

I would not want this at all but I think if this is something she truly wants I think she would not only win the nomination but the general election as I discussed in this thread.

If the election was held today she would beat Trump in a landslide.

A scenario for a Trump win involves the economy still booming along in 2020 and the dems hopelessly split between the somewhat liberal and very progressive wings. At that point a majority of people might reason I still hate Trump but the world did not come to an end and I am doing well, why "rock the boat".

If not Oprah is not interested maybe George Clooney a sexy long time activist in progressive politics. Maybe somebody out of the progressive social media landscape will Cerk be 35 on Jan 20, 2021?

AspieUtah might be right and I wrong in that a real boring candidate might might win as a backlash against Trump as that type of thing has happened a number of times. But in reaction to Reagan the Dems moved right and in reaction to Hillary, Obama they are moving left. Their millennial base is much farther to the left then the generation before. And if Trump's brand is white male anger and resentment Oprah's brand is the opposite.

It is hard to know what events will occur and subsequent mood of the country will be 2+ years in the future but I feel the celebrity door has been broken down and there is no going back. JFK and Reagan were serious politicians with agendas but they were celebrities also as was Clinton and Obama.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Jan 2018, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:23 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Oprah Winfrey.

I would not want this at all but I think if this is something she truly wants I think she would not only win the nomination but the general election as I discussed in this thread.

If the election was held today she would beat Trump in a landslide.

A scenario for a Trump win involves the economy still booming along in 2020 and the dems hopelessly split between the somewhat liberal and very progressive wings. At that point a majority of people might reason I still hate Trump but the world did not come to an end and I am doing well, why "rock the boat".

If not Oprah is not interested maybe George Clooney a sexy long time activist in progressive politics. Maybe somebody out of the progressive social media landscape will Cerk be 35 on Jan 20, 2021?

George Clooney isn't as smart as his father Nick Clooney. But, Nick is past 80 years of age. He was always a great reporter when he interviewed me.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2018, 10:51 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
It's very likely that Hillary Clinton was the main reason Trump unfortunately won the 2016 elections. :(

However, with the 2020 elections around the corner I thought it'd be fun to discuss and predict who will be the next president Democrat presidential candidate. :D

Is it gonna be Bernie Sanders or Michelle Obama?

I keep hearing Bernie's name brought up and the current president has brought him up in conversation. If the person I am thinking of was another 10-20 years older, I would see him being the presidential candidate in 2020 but it won't happen. That is U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy, the grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, from Massachusetts. With more experience in the U.S. House and then in U.S. Senate/Gov. of Mass., I could see Joe Kennedy as the kind of candidate that would take the White House.

Going back to 2020, I could see someone like Michelle Obama. Not Oprah. Oprah would have the numbers, but I am unsure how people would see her politically. We've already had one celebrity (the current president) in office. I am not a big fan of replacing one celebrity with another. I am just tired of celebrities in office already, even after one year. I want someone who can actually govern the country from the White House. Not a celebrity who is in office now or a celebrity who is thinking of running for the White House in 2020. Keep celebrities on TV where they belong.

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 6:24 pm

Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Jeff Merkley, Nancy Pelosi, or Elizabeth Warren.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

I have a lot of respect for Elizabeth Warren and would certainly support her should she choose to run.

But I wonder...isn't it time to have someone younger run? When are we going to turn politics over to the next generation?