If you could filter out certain noises from your daily life

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2018, 7:27 am

Have you seen these???

knops

I wonder how well they work? Surprisingly not bad price either. I may just have to get myself a pair! I'd love to be able to filter out certain sounds while working to help me concentrate more and definitely kids screaming and crying while out and about because I just cant deal with that at all.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2018, 7:35 am

Just ordered a pair!! ! XD Hopefully should receive them in a month or so :D

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 8:21 am

Let us know how they work out.
I recently got a pair of custom moulded earplugs made with medical grade silicon. They were more expensive than knops but are amazing. The problem is that they are so comfortable and effective that I could happily leave them in all the time. So I use them as a last resort (mostly for sleeping) and use the cheapo foam plugs for public transport and the gym. The knops look like a good option though.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 12:23 pm

I'd filter out the sounds of loud and abusive parents who have no business being around children. I'd also filter out the sounds of construction workers and their machines and crude comments.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:33 pm

The sound of cars rushing down the road past my apartment, especially when I'm trying to sleep at night, and the kids yelling and screaming and carrying on when they get out of the high school across the street. A tribe of infuriated chimps would be easier on the ears.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 7:47 pm

i'd filter out right-wing noise straightaway. then i'd filter out 2-stroke engines and rap music, along with what passes for country music nowadays, along with head banger rock, hot rod engines, gunfire, fireworks, loud traffic noise.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 6:40 pm

I'm sick of having to turn my volume down whenever I watch a video that might contain "ear rape", especially on those Spongebob videos I've been watching. Really mature, pretending that nearly giving me a heart attack and scaring my cats is a brilliant joke. :evil: Sometimes they do warn you but I can't turn down the volume in time.

Next time something like that happens I'll post "I wonder how many people watching this died of heart attacks? That makes the creator of this video a MURDERER." :twisted:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Feb 2018, 9:18 am

I'd filter out the bass from our neighbors stereo & TV

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 9:41 am

The work truck I drive has a backup beeper that I really get sick of hearing by the end of the week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 5:54 pm

my next-door neighbor's insipid "WINGWINGWINGGGGGGINGing" his 2-stroke dirt bike incessantly, back and forth next to my house. :| I wouldn't mind at all if he had an electric bike.