Anyone else in the San Francisco bay area?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 3:20 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Stardust Parade wrote:
Anyone???

Thank-you for bumping-up this discussion thread after several weeks.

The 'San Francisco Adult Asperger Self Help Meetups' (AASHM) (as mentioned in my previous post) seems like a good place to network in SF.

AASHM has monthly meetings.

Good luck!

ADDENDUM:

As mentioned, the 'San Francisco Adult Asperger Self Help Meetups' (AASHM) seems like a good place to network in the SF Bay Area - that solid "six-degrees of separation" to boost involvement with other adults on the Autism Spectrum. (AASHM) has been offering meetup groups for the past several years; a rarity (as too many Meetup groups are unable to maintain longevity).

Enclosed is a LINK detailing typical agendas of monthly meetups of around 15 people. Meetups are on weekends around the middle of any given month. As of this writing (April 8th), the next AASMH meeting is on the weekend of April 14 and 15th - next week!

If you are located in the SF Bay Area, (or even plan on visiting the SF Bay Area), please reconsider attending AASHM meetings, and share your experiences, perspectives in this discussion thread.

In other words, opportunities to boost much needed awareness, resources, etc. etc. of interest to adults on the spectrum!!

LINK: https://www.meetup.com/asperger/?_cooki ... 6RF2RRpoLk

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 2:07 am

It's surprising how few people from SF post here. It's autism central.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 1:51 pm

Kinme wrote:

Thank-you for your response.

Any consideration for attending a 'San Francisco Adult Asperger Self Help Meetup' (AASHM)? Meetings are held on Sundays around the middle of every month.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 8:43 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Kinme wrote:

Thank-you for your response.

Any consideration for attending a 'San Francisco Adult Asperger Self Help Meetup' (AASHM)? Meetings are held on Sundays around the middle of every month.

I'm pretty nervous about meeting up, as the previous meetups I've gone to have not been great for me. I would consider it. I'll add myself to the group, if that's alright.