Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 7:42 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics/nunes-memo-donald-trump/index.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 6:10 pm

As Comey tweeted this afternoon, since it's release: "That's it?"
More sound and fury than substance here, methinks. Trump is grasping at straws.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 6:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

That's what many have been saying about the entire collusion investigation. Lots of noise, no substance, grasping at straws.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 7:28 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's what many have been saying about the entire collusion investigation. Lots of noise, no substance, grasping at straws.

Except there are four Trump associates who have been charged with criminal indictments, two of whom are now willing to roll over on their boss. Sounds like something to me.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 6:21 am

"In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro and beyond. The latest attacks against the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests ― no party’s, no President’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation's elected officials, including the President, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin's job for him."
John McCain (R-Ariz.)
Chairman; Senate Armed Services Committee

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 6:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Except there are four Trump associates who have been charged with criminal indictments, two of whom are now willing to roll over on their boss. Sounds like something to me.

Maybe.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 4:14 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Maybe.

Maybe?

I don't think they hand those things out just because they feel like it. Lol could you imagine.. "Well, I'm feeling a little criminal indictment-y today.. who shall I charge?" Lol yeah right. The whole lot of them are dirtier than the worst tabloids portray - corrupt to the core.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:03 pm

You can read the memo here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Gave it a quick read. Doesn't sound like much. Seems like their intent is more to piss off the FBI and others than it is to actually undermine the Russia investigation. I get that they're trying to undermine the investigation and the FBI etc, but considering how the general reception of this memo is that it's a total flop, doesn't that only serve to undermine confidence in Nunes, and Trump & Co.?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What were those four indictments?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:08 pm

Piobaire wrote:
"In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy. Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro and beyond. The latest attacks against the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests ― no party’s, no President’s, only Putin’s. The American people deserve to know all the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation's elected officials, including the President, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin's job for him."
John McCain (R-Ariz.)
Chairman; Senate Armed Services Committee

:lol: :lol:

John McCain. The guy is comedian.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:16 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Lying to the FBI. I suspect that's only a start.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
You can read the memo here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Gave it a quick read. Doesn't sound like much. Seems like their intent is more to piss off the FBI and others than it is to actually undermine the Russia investigation. I get that they're trying to undermine the investigation and the FBI etc, but considering how the general reception of this memo is that it's a total flop, doesn't that only serve to undermine confidence in Nunes, and Trump & Co.?

Real journalists were predicting that exact reaction from the mainstram left media which you just copied and pasted.
Clinton and the DNC hired a foreign spy to create a fake dossier on Trump. Then Clinton and the DNC give the fake dossier to Obama, the DOJ and the FBI, who both know it is fake. The FBI and DOJ then present the fake dossier to the FISA court to get Trump wiretap and don't tell the FISA court that the dossier is fake and originated from Trump's opponents, which means the FISA court was defrauded into ordering wiretapping of Trump campaign. But hey it's all nothing because um, Russia :lol:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who lied to the FBI and about what?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:36 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

It's a real shame I have other things to do today in the real world because the non-stop streaming clips at the top of this article are GOLD!! Some of the things people are saying are truly hilarious because they're just so unbelievably stupid, and others are awesome because they're so incredibly bold & honest - especially the guy who said something to the effective of "Are you f'n kiddin' me? W/o an accusation of cooperation or collusion; of course people in DC talked about this and were aware of it. DUH!"

This whole memo-gate thing is far more entertaining than this weekend's supposed TV event of the year. There isn't a bowl of popcorn big enough!! :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 9:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who lied to the FBI and about what?

Those four did.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 10:05 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Maybe.

Maybe?

I don't think they hand those things out just because they feel like it. Lol could you imagine.. "Well, I'm feeling a little criminal indictment-y today.. who shall I charge?" Lol yeah right. The whole lot of them are dirtier than the worst tabloids portray - corrupt to the core.

That's not what I was saying maybe about.