Page 136 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 163  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 12:00 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I was looking through images of London and one thing led to another. A red idol took the place of Germany in my heart.

Or a purple one?

There Are Four Lights!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 12:06 am

Darmok wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I was looking through images of London and one thing led to another. A red idol took the place of Germany in my heart.

Or a purple one?

I love the purple one. 8)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 3:16 am

Temeraire wrote:
Thought I would drop by to say hello to all you lovely people.

:heart:

Especially my fluffy friend :heart:

8O Tem's back.

I'm a bit excited :D

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 4:37 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
Thought I would drop by to say hello to all you lovely people.

:heart:

Especially my fluffy friend :heart:

8O Tem's back.

I'm a bit excited :D

Hello Fluffy, long time no see eh?

Missed you loads!

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 5:52 am

I managed to sit here and refrain whilst my bro and ma ate a cooked breakfast.

Not sure how I did it.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:35 pm

Maybe we should do a poll to see who didn't drowned today. I got very wet.

*** RUGBY SPOILER***

Just watched the rugby on ITV Player, couldn't help being pleased. Sorry Scotland, I did try to cheer you on but...

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 3:59 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Maybe we should do a poll to see who didn't drown today.

What, not even one of you left alive. Wow!

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 4:35 pm

It's been grotty, but not too disastrous around here so far, but a bad bit yet to come by the look of it. The bloody noise of the Dorma guttering dripping water onto the roof (t'other side of my bedroom ceiling) has been driving me nuts, though - it could at least try for some kind of funky rhythm or something.

PS) Didn't mean to worry you - I would have replied sooner, but I live on the slopes of the highest hill in the district (which ironically is home to the district's sub-aqua club - for reals!), so I was out preparing our border defences to repel Haligonian boat people (only because we're jealous of how pretty Calderdale is, of course).

PPS) To you, fluffy, and to you, Tem - I have been terribly rude not having said hello to you since I returned.
"Hello!" [Waves smugly from inside the big grey cloud that's been slouching on the top of the very big hill for... for... ever?]

(With apologies to any who really are facing their valuables being washed away, of course. :heart: )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 4:57 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Maybe we should do a poll to see who didn't drown today.

What, not even one of you left alive. Wow!

I didn't drown today - no rain

I did leave the house for the first time in over week :shaking2:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 4:04 am

It rained heavily here on Monday all day with no pause 9am till I went to bed. I got wet walking to work and then again walking home and I sold a shedload of brollies. I always forget Lincolnshire often gets dif weather from everywhere else. Usually it's the other way round though and what causes havoc elsewhere blows right over us.

I'm not aware of any serious damage but then I don't have a telly. I didn't see anything on the BBC home page but then I didn't see anything there about the hurricane in Japan either. I only know about that from the rugby on ITV player.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 4:09 am

Trogluddite wrote:
"Hello!" [Waves smugly from inside the big grey cloud that's been slouching on the top of the very big hill for... for... ever?]

"Hello!" [Waves smugly back from nicely warmed up sitting room (instead of writing station where I should be) having just devoured a cooked breakfast, half a pack of pistachios, and lots of tea.]

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 4:30 am

SaveFerris wrote:

I did leave the house for the first time in over week :shaking2:
Damn, I couldn't find a good gif for this, they were all too bloody perky. You'll have imagine it; six bunnies, no, make it twelve, doing a gymnastic/cheer/dance thingy, and over the top ' :heart: Yay ferris! :heart: ' ta da!

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2019, 9:22 am

I didn't drown, not literally anyway, but almost did emotionally as my son is in more trouble at school. He said he wanted to walk into traffic and die. He's only 8. I got my diagnosis a year ago and have told school about it- they are going to refer him and hopefully get him some help. I hope he is not autistic like me and just having a bit of an emotional wobble at school.

I do worry it's the stress of dealing with teachers and classmates, which is roughly equivalent to dealing with a boss and co-workers in a job, which I find very difficult and has lead to me having breakdowns in the past.

Sorry. This is not what you asked.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 4:08 pm

^I was eight the first time I had suicidal thoughts. It was the culmination of a change of school and the fact that on

my walk to and from my new school I went over a footbridge over railway tracks. The track was protected by a wire

fence that some of my class would sneak through. There were lots of signs about how dangerous it was. My period

of suicidal thoughts lasted about six months until I adjusted to the different school. I'm not sure it would have been

as long if not for the twice daily reminder of the train tracks.

The thoughts did not return until I was 15 and faced another big and unexpected change, in fact several together.

And I'm still here today and while the feelings come back now I'm quietly confident I never will.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2019, 8:04 pm

My apologies for not replying to all, especially Mr Trog and Miss Fluff.

I didn't get any breakfast because it was too early for me and my brother is a human dustbin.

I did get wet. My car is like a pond on the inside and I have to wear wellies to drive it.

So glad you are quietly confident - the world is defo a better place for fluffies. :heart: