Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2018, 8:59 am

How do you deal with when you have to process a lot of information at once?

I'm really being tested right now - I have to do a report at work for a new service and I'm trying to work out costs etc.

I've done an example, but i don't know if it's right because my maths skills are atrocious, so I'm trying to explain it to someone and relay back what I've done.... but it's suddenly a whole overload of information and my brain is quickly clamping down and forcing me away from it because it's too much. Even looking at my notes gives me a headache so I'm struggling to sit back and to take a moment to take in what I already have because my brain is in 'nope' mode.

How are you meant to deal with that?

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 9:18 am

The only thing that I can suggest is breaking down the information into parts, if possible... When I do something like an essay for college, I break up the different parts that I'm required to write about and focus on one bit at a time and do it slowly. Same with a presentation. I like to be organized with my stuff so everything is sectioned in a way in a PowerPoint in steps so that it's easy to remember when I have to speak to a class. That's the only way I can think of a situation similar to that.

But in a work situation like that... I really don't know what advice to give other than what I can try to relate that issue with.

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2018, 2:23 am

Make a list! Because lists are always fun and they help to simplify things.

Maybe a list of all the things that will cost money for the service (eg room hire, staff, publicuty etc), without worrying about how much they will cost, just to make sure that you haven't missed anything. Then you can do the maths afterwards, when everything is neatly alligned.