Page 19 of 21 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,520
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Feb 2018, 5:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It's amazing to me how much upset and gloomy pessimism there is over a forth of july parade.


:roll:

He doesn't want to celebrate Independence Day with a bigger fireworks display.. he wants to show off military hardware like a third will dictator trying to convince his people and the world that he can blow stuff up, too, and it's ridiculous so many people are calling him out on it.


Given Trump's obvious dislike of democracy, it would be hypocritical for him to participate in a holiday dedicated to the triumph of democracy.


Very true.

It'll be hard not to view the parade as one big several block long penis compensator.


Don't you mean button compensator? :lol:


Now, why is it that I get the impression that Trump has a micro-penis, just like Hitler? :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,847
Location: en cendres avec ma chère marcia

14 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

if there was ever a 28th amendment i would like it to say that all americans have the god-given right to compensate for shortcomings without judgement.


_________________
❄join my discord pls❄

Mais c'est la mort qui t'a assassinée, Marcia,
C'est la mort qui t'a consumée, Marcia,
C'est le cancer que tu as pris sous ton bras,
Maintenant, tu es en cendres, cendres...


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,889
Location: temperate zone

14 Feb 2018, 7:52 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
if there was ever a 28th amendment i would like it to say that all americans have the god-given right to compensate for shortcomings without judgement.


I don't understand this post.

Are you saying that we should have this parade, or are you saying that we should not have this parade?



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,184
Location: USA

14 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
if there was ever a 28th amendment i would like it to say that all americans have the god-given right to compensate for shortcomings without judgement.


I don't understand this post.

Are you saying that we should have this parade, or are you saying that we should not have this parade?

It's witty.

The important word is "shortcomings".

As in, "a man with the initials DJT" and his possible "shortcomings", and how such a man might compensate for his "shortcomings".


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,889
Location: temperate zone

14 Feb 2018, 8:34 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
if there was ever a 28th amendment i would like it to say that all americans have the god-given right to compensate for shortcomings without judgement.


I don't understand this post.

Are you saying that we should have this parade, or are you saying that we should not have this parade?

It's witty.

The important word is "shortcomings".

As in, "a man with the initials DJT" and his possible "shortcomings", and how such a man might compensate for his "shortcomings".


Duhhhh.

The obvious meaning of "shortcomings" is obviously not the issue.

The issue is that his post doesn't make sense.

If a male US president has "short comings" in the trouser area then...what? Is Kip saying that he should be allowed by the Constitution to compensate for that , by squandering the tax payers money by parading ICBMs on trailer beds down Constitution ave Soviet style without us taxpayers/voters "judging" him?

Or is Kip saying that a hypothetical genitally impaired president should compensate for it in some other way? Get therapy (or get surgery),without us snickering about it?

Two opposite things. But Kip could be saying either thing.

Or is Kip saying something else?

Maybe its just me, but to me his post doesn't drop the other shoe and complete the thought. So I can't tell what his thought is.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,021
Location: Twin Peaks

14 Feb 2018, 8:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It's amazing to me how much upset and gloomy pessimism there is over a forth of july parade.


:roll:

He doesn't want to celebrate Independence Day with a bigger fireworks display.. he wants to show off military hardware like a third will dictator trying to convince his people and the world that he can blow stuff up, too, and it's ridiculous so many people are calling him out on it.


:roll:

That might make sense to me if the US wasn't the ultimate superpower of the world. Everyone already knows he can reduce the planet to ashes in a matter of minutes. A parade similar to bastille day would only display a mere fraction of US might and power. Mostly it would be marching bands and airplanes doing tricks. But there's nothing new about people wetting their pants over nothing as usual. After this people will come unglued because he used the wrong fork at a dinner party.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,320
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Feb 2018, 12:51 am

It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,613

15 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Everyone already knows he can reduce the planet to ashes in a matter of minutes..


I'm guessing he wants to remind China, North Korea and Russia that he's got his erratic little finger on the button of aforementioned nuclear weapons by a little ticker tape parade with guns blazing...it also is an opportunity to feed his narcissism to play "third world dictator" saying "look how big mine are"



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,021
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2018, 3:03 am

goldfish21 wrote:
It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


Defending it would be saying I think it's a great idea. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal. I think people are over reacting to it.

It and other situations like it remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" where people go nuts over nothing.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,520
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Feb 2018, 3:13 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


Defending it would be saying I think it's a great idea. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal. I think people are over reacting to it.

It and other situations like it remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" where people go nuts over nothing.


But it wasn't over nothing. Aliens were manipulating the residents of Maple Street in order to rouse them to a point of paranoia. Sort of like talk about the danger posed by brown immigrants from Latin America and the Middle East.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,021
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2018, 3:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Everyone already knows he can reduce the planet to ashes in a matter of minutes..


I'm guessing he wants to remind China, North Korea and Russia that he's got his erratic little finger on the button of aforementioned nuclear weapons by a little ticker tape parade with guns blazing...it also is an opportunity to feed his narcissism to play "third world dictator" saying "look how big mine are"


My take on it is he sees a bitchin parade and says "I want one of those". I don't see any sense in reading any more into it. Do you really think he's planning on guns blazing and a convoy of nuclear missiles? I mean seriously.

What about all the military shows we already have? What about Nellis having dozens of bombers and fighter jets flying around for air shows that I've watched in person many times? Was I supposed to be having a cow over those?

That's one main reason why I'm not pulsed by this. I've already seen it throughout my entire life.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,021
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2018, 3:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


Defending it would be saying I think it's a great idea. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal. I think people are over reacting to it.

It and other situations like it remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" where people go nuts over nothing.


But it wasn't over nothing. Aliens were manipulating the residents of Maple Street in order to rouse them to a point of paranoia. Sort of like talk about the danger posed by brown immigrants from Latin America and the Middle East.


When I saw it my first thought was all the Trump riots and people over reacting so much since then. It's like aliens put trump in office to make some people go completely batshit. Thankfully the entire country isn't affected by it. And those who aren't are either scratching their heads over it or laughing at it while eating popcorn.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,520
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

15 Feb 2018, 3:30 am

Well trump is not doing anything constructive for this country, of course people are going to be pissed.


_________________
Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies, tell me lies.


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,520
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Feb 2018, 4:06 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


Defending it would be saying I think it's a great idea. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal. I think people are over reacting to it.

It and other situations like it remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" where people go nuts over nothing.


But it wasn't over nothing. Aliens were manipulating the residents of Maple Street in order to rouse them to a point of paranoia. Sort of like talk about the danger posed by brown immigrants from Latin America and the Middle East.


When I saw it my first thought was all the Trump riots and people over reacting so much since then. It's like aliens put trump in office to make some people go completely batshit. Thankfully the entire country isn't affected by it. And those who aren't are either scratching their heads over it or laughing at it while eating popcorn.


Aliens did put Trump into power, if you use the word "alien" to mean foreigner. In this case, Russians, and they've been setting Americans against Americans with their bots and hackers spreading internal dissension.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,021
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Feb 2018, 4:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It’s so weird how you’re so rational and logical yet defend this nonsense as nothing out of the ordinary that people shouldn’t be opinionated about.


Defending it would be saying I think it's a great idea. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big deal. I think people are over reacting to it.

It and other situations like it remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" where people go nuts over nothing.


But it wasn't over nothing. Aliens were manipulating the residents of Maple Street in order to rouse them to a point of paranoia. Sort of like talk about the danger posed by brown immigrants from Latin America and the Middle East.


When I saw it my first thought was all the Trump riots and people over reacting so much since then. It's like aliens put trump in office to make some people go completely batshit. Thankfully the entire country isn't affected by it. And those who aren't are either scratching their heads over it or laughing at it while eating popcorn.


Aliens did put Trump into power, if you use the word "alien" to mean foreigner. In this case, Russians, and they've been setting Americans against Americans with their bots and hackers spreading internal dissension.


If that's the case then they are certainly getting their money's worth so to speak. One would think if a party thought or knew they were being manipulated into acting bonkers, they wouldn't keep going along with it.