auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:17 am

Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I hope at least you can find her on FB or mebbe on another aspie forum somewhere.
Thank you. I don't have facebook, and I don't believe she did, either. I know she gets quite busy with school. She is 14, so I imagine she is in middle school, or, first year of high school and quite involved with music/violin. We share some of the same OCD symptoms, thus, we were helpful to one another, and had some nice conversations in the process. She is a lovely person and friend.

there are a few people I dearly miss here as well, such as Taupey and Spazzergasm who were the first two people to greet me and talk to me when I first started here.

That's nice that you had that experience. I hope you will, one day, again, see them, here, or elsewhere. I miss Stampy, DeepHour, C2V, Drawyer and a few others, and, although I converse with beakybird, via email, from time to time, I truly enjoy his presence on the forum, and frequently, find myself wishing he were here, selfishly. : )

good people come and go, life marches on no matter what we want. I like to think that in heaven the goodies will stick around a bit longer :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
Britte, if those cows you saw in the field could talk to you, what do you suppose they'd say? I've often wondered about the secret life of animals.

Hmm, perhaps they'd tell me that the grass they are chewing on, has a nice taste to it, and that they are feeling very relaxed, without a care in the world, and wouldn't have it any other way. They certainly seem calm and, perhaps, deep in thought, but in a very relaxed manner, as opposed to anxious or worried. I know that isn't very creative, but, it is how I perceive them and what they might have to say say. They seem very calm and sweet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Britte, if those cows you saw in the field could talk to you, what do you suppose they'd say? I've often wondered about the secret life of animals.

Hmm, perhaps they'd tell me that the grass they are chewing on, has a nice taste to it, and that they are feeling very relaxed, without a care in the world, and wouldn't have it any other way. They certainly seem calm and, perhaps, deep in thought, but in a very relaxed manner, as opposed to anxious or worried. I know that isn't very creative, but, it is how I perceive them and what they might have to say say. They seem very calm and sweet.

I useta live next door to a neighbor's cow pasture, I used to like watching the baby cows prancing about almost like lambs. they'd run and run back and forth, havin' a big ol' time. I think theirs was an idyllic existence, at least until the neighbor sold them for meat. :|

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I hope at least you can find her on FB or mebbe on another aspie forum somewhere.
Thank you. I don't have facebook, and I don't believe she did, either. I know she gets quite busy with school. She is 14, so I imagine she is in middle school, or, first year of high school and quite involved with music/violin. We share some of the same OCD symptoms, thus, we were helpful to one another, and had some nice conversations in the process. She is a lovely person and friend.

there are a few people I dearly miss here as well, such as Taupey and Spazzergasm who were the first two people to greet me and talk to me when I first started here.

That's nice that you had that experience. I hope you will, one day, again, see them, here, or elsewhere. I miss Stampy, DeepHour, C2V, Drawyer and a few others, and, although I converse with beakybird, via email, from time to time, I truly enjoy his presence on the forum, and frequently, find myself wishing he were here, selfishly. : )

good people come and go, life marches on no matter what we want. I like to think that in heaven the goodies will stick around a bit longer :D

Indeed. But, I hope I will see DeepHour, again, very soon. No matter where it is that I meet with him, again. Even if in heaven. Like you, he has been one of the best friends I have ever had. His photographs are hanging on the walls in my home, and I have a stunning photo of his rose garden, set as my desktop and screensaver,. I often have my breakfast and tea in his garden, by way of his photograph on my desktop. I am logging off, now. I will speak with you, again, soon, I hope. It's been a pleasure, conversing with you. :mrgreen: :flower: :study:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

^^^nighty nighty :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
Britte wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I useta live next door to a neighbor's cow pasture, I used to like watching the baby cows prancing about almost like lambs. they'd run and run back and forth, havin' a big ol' time. I think theirs was an idyllic existence, at least until the neighbor sold them for meat. :|

How wonderful that you had that experience. I am not pleased about the last bit, however. I shall talk to you, soon. If our paths happen not to cross again, this evening, I hope you sleep very well, and have pleasant dreams. I will, likely, say goodnight, later, either way. Goodnight. edit - I did not see your last message, prior to posting this one. Thank you, and again, goodnight. :)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:54 am

I see there is a message from Kip at the top of the page. I thought I would point it out, as I know you would have addressed him, if you had seen his post, there. : )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:56 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
thank you auntie for making me feel welcome and belonging here since day one and always being a positive presence in WP. :cat: i shan't forget you soon.

sorry, I had a senior moment and didn't see this post in a timely manner :oops: I hope you are tooling around fancily and in most deluxe accommodation in your nice new ride :bounce:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 2:02 am

Raleigh wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
I have a problem with kindness because I don't believe I deserve it.
Which is my problem.
It seems more natural and logical to be abused.
Perhaps because I had an abusive upbringing and I don't think you ever get over that completely.

Personally, I still feel guilty for wanting kindness, because I feel like I don't deserve it. However, I refuse to be abused by anyone else and you should too. You didn't deserve it then and you certainly don't deserve it now. There was a time I didn't feel the way I do today, there was a time I was angry with the world and even more so with myself. I still loathe myself, but I have learned to allow myself to be human. I hope with all my heart you too can learn to forgive yourself because you didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

I'm much better now, but I still feel weird when people say kind things like you just did and I don't know how to respond to it.
It confuses me.

You don't have to say anything. I hope that you take it to heart and it helps, but I expect nothing in return.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 9:05 am

Saying nice things comes naturally, especially if it’s sincere.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:25 pm

Time flies, doesn't it? I've been on WP nearly six years?! AuntBlabby was one of the first ones I'd met and felt an affinity with. He was the angel on my right shoulder to Fnord's devil on my left. Over the years I've appreciated his posts, and also the fact that he's actively looking out for ASS-P, probably one of the most troubled souls on WP.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

Aunt Blabby will always be an inspiration to all who seek wisdom and perspective.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:04 am

^^^thank you all :flower: I wish I could have been more effective with ASS-P.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

Your heart is always in the right place and you seem to do the best you can.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

Mudboy wrote:
Your heart is always in the right place and you seem to do the best you can.

thank you. :flower:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:50 pm

@Blabs, @Kraftie:

I don't want to threadjack so PLEASE* don't respond to this post! But I do want to thank you for your kind compliments, further upthread. It'd be rude not to. But also rude to threadjack, especially so much later in the thread.

Tx guys. :-)

*Please. Really. Don't. Thanks!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!