Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

asdmayb26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2018, 1:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The question is totally nonsensical even on a metaphoric fantasy level because both aspergers, and non-aspergers, are mental to begin with. So it cant be imagined that way since its a brain type vs a brain type. Not brain type vs a body type.

I can imagine being "one gender in another genders body", or "one aged person in another aged persons body", or even being "a cat in a human body". But neither aspies nor NTs have distinctive "bodies" to begin with.

The mind and body are one.

asdmayb26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2018, 1:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
asdmayb26 wrote:
Does anybody feel like they are a neurotypical trapped in an aspie body? Any sense of self problems?

The opposite I guess although I am not sure what an aspie body is.

After I was diagnosed at age 55 I realized I had I had lived my life not knowing key things about myself. I was confused about what part of me was my personality and what part of me was ASD. what skills were learned, an add on so to speak, and what skills were me faking myself. It took awhile but I came to the conclusion that my personality and my ASD are so tightly fused that it is fruitless to to try and separate them, it is just me.
I see personality and ASD as separate entities.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:06 pm

f**k no, the neurotiypcals are insane. They just dont know it.

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2018, 2:29 pm

asdmayb26 wrote:
Does anybody feel like they are a neurotypical trapped in an aspie body?

Yes, My mind/soul/core/whatever knows exactly how social and everyday s**t should be done very VERY WELL, My mind/sould/core has a very good idea about how the world without sensory issue should look and feel,

Brain/body/senses fail to function/obey/deliver.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2018, 3:14 pm

asdmayb26 wrote:
Does anybody feel like they are a neurotypical trapped in an aspie body? Any sense of self problems?
Yes. NTs' reactions to things make perfect sense to me, mine do not. Most people on here seem to think they themselves make sense but they don't understand NT behaviour... for me it's the other way around.

I feel like I was supposed to be a risk-taking, extroverted social butterfly but because I have aspergers, I grew up into something very different. I want to have loads of friends, I want to live a fast-paced life, I want to explore and try new things, be spontaneous. The thought of these things is exciting, but then I remember that these things stress me out in reality. It's confusing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 8:27 pm

DancingQueen wrote:
asdmayb26 wrote:
Yes. NTs' reactions to things make perfect sense to me, mine do not. Most people on here seem to think they themselves make sense but they don't understand NT behaviour... for me it's the other way around.

I feel like I was supposed to be a risk-taking, extroverted social butterfly but because I have aspergers, I grew up into something very different. I want to have loads of friends, I want to live a fast-paced life, I want to explore and try new things, be spontaneous. The thought of these things is exciting, but then I remember that these things stress me out in reality. It's confusing.

That breaks it down into a way that makes more sense to me than the OP.

Sucks that you feel that way.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 8:37 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
If somebody can show me all these NTs fixing all their interpersonal problems and living in peace and harmony, I might start to feel like that. Meanwhile I just see the mainstream as a different culture to mine.

:thumright: