The Pokemon Opal Roleplay! (Please read the first message!)

Page 7 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:53 pm

"Really?!", Virginia asked excitably, "You would do that?!"

"Actually," Jamie said, "since you were nice enough to offer us these...um, delicious fruit, I think it's only fair that we invite you to our slumber party."

"You know what I would wish for?", Rose asked.

"Rose," I interrupted, "I know what you're going to wish for, but I'm not going to let you do that."

"Why not?!"

"Because, first of all, hardships build character. And, second and more importantly, if you really did wish for what you are thinking, then this roleplay wouldn't continue."

"Hmmmph," Rose pouted, "Fine."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:57 pm

Have you ever heard the phrase, 'be careful what you wish for?' Do you remember, Rose, any nightmares you have had? I could make them come true, if I wanted. But I do not. Dream smiled. Regardless, I accept your invitation. They turn to Dan. 'Hardships build character'...hmm. That is similar to 'what does not kill you makes you stronger', would you agree? I have many problems with that saying.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

"Um, I guess I'll go, if you're sure it's all right." Ghost told Jamie, "I don't want to be any trouble."

She jumped as Nihilego snuck up behind her and tickled her with its tentacles. "Ah! Nihilego!" she laughed.

"Ni-Nihi-go!" Nihilego trilled, floating away.

"I'm going to get you for that!" cried Ghost, chasing after Nihilego. When she caught up to it, she jumped on it, covering it with tickles in return, and they both fell in a pile on the ground, laughing.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:39 pm

"Oh, no, no, it won't be any trouble at all," Jamie said, trying to reinsure Ghost, whom had a playfight with her Nihilego.

"Yeah, I had nightmares since Dan and his mom moved in with us. I mean I'm over it now, but..."

When I heard Rose say that, I shuddered. I do know what she's talking about, but I don't want to really talk about it.

But I just shook it off, and turned to Dream, saying, "Yes, it's quite similar to that saying."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 3:09 pm

Dream scoops up a bit of sand from the ground, then lets it trickle through their fingers. Ordinarily, I would have been aware of all your dreams and nightmares from the moment I encountered your group. But this is not my world. They turned back to Dan. In response to that saying, what about traumatic experiences? They spoke as if referring to personal events.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:07 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Dream scoops up a bit of sand from the ground, then lets it trickle through their fingers. Ordinarily, I would have been aware of all your dreams and nightmares from the moment I encountered your group. But this is not my world. They turned back to Dan. In response to that saying, what about traumatic experiences? They spoke as if referring to personal events.

Okay, seriously, this is something I DEFINATELY don't want to talk about! Not only is it painful to think about, but it's also something that I don't want to talk about freely with other people and Pokémon I've just met.

I quickly glanced up at the sky. As I can see, the sun is already starting to sink into the trees. And then I looked at my watch. My watch says that it's almost 16:30 (4:30 pm), which is about time to go back to my place, and rest for the night before going out on an adventure.

"Okay," I said, "I think it's about time for me, Rose, and our Pokémon to head back to our house, and rest up for the night."

"Oh, yeah," Rose responded, "So I guess I'll see you all tomorrow? Jamie, Ghost, and I guess Dream is going to come along with us?"

"Definitely," Jamie said, then she yawned a bit, "Yeah, I think it's time to head back to my place, too. I think it's about time for our slumber party to start."

"Can I bring some movies?", Virginia asked, "I can bring the first three Harry Potter films, if you're interested."

"Why the first three?", Georgia asked.

"Because the other films are too dark and scary. Plus, we wouldn't be able to watch the entire series tonight."

"Oh, yeah. We don't want to ruin Jamie's big day tomorrow."

"Sure, you can bring them along," Jamie responded. Then she turned to Dream, and asked, "Do you know any good meals you can make us? I'll tell my mom that she'll hold off all the cooking since...well, you know."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 5:10 pm

[I didn't mean it like that...oh, never mind. Pretend Dream never said that. Still, it is an interesting thing to consider--do traumatic experiences make one stronger? But it doesn't matter. No worries, okay? Sorry.]

I can make Amrita tea, ultimate stew, tri-flavour ice cream cheesecake, and Divine Memory Pastry by hand. Dream replied. A dear friend taught me how. If you want more complicated dishes than that, I will manifest them instead.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 6:03 pm

"Alright, it's time for us to head back now," I called out, "Nice to meet you all! C'mon, guys."

"Alright, alright," Rose responded, then waved. "See you guys."

Then Shedinja, Ninjask, Charmander, and Squirtle all called out their goodbyes.

Then we started to head back to our house for the night, and tell our families how much fun we had today.

(Prologue- Dan's POV: End)

(Chapter 1- Jamie's POV: Start)

"Okay!", I called out to Dan, Rose, and their Pokémon, and waved at them, "See you all tomorrow!"

Then I turned to Dream, with a somewhat confused response, "'Amrita Tea'? 'Ultimate Stew'? 'Tri-Cheesecake'? 'Divine Memory Pastry'?? What are those? Actually, sure, you can make those if you'd like. Actually, can you teach my mom to make those?"

"Wow, they all sound delicious!", Georgia said, rubbing her stomach and drooling.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 6:21 pm

Those are dishes that are common where I come from. Dream replied, stowing the cake hat away somewhere in their cloak. I may have to manifest them, as starberries, amrita flowers, and essence drops do not likely exist in this world. Divine Memory Pastries are oft considered the most difficult dish to make, throughout the twenty-two universes.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 7:34 pm

"Oh, well, Maybe I should ask my mom to help make something similar to those. Is that alright?", I asked.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 7:49 pm

You would rather I not use my powers? Dream sounded perplexed.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:31 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
You would rather I not use my powers? Dream sounded perplexed.

When Dream asked me that question, I got really confused. "I'm sorry, I thought you said you don't have the right ingredients for those meals", I said hesitantly.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 10:29 am

That is true, but I am still able to manifest what I wish. Dream explained. I can gather the ingredients just by doing that, or I can create the dishes fully formed. Which would you prefer?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:01 pm

"What are the differences between the two?", Virginia asked inquisitively.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 10:52 am

Dream considered this, tilting their head slightly. There is not a lot of difference, as far as I can tell. However, I do not require food as sustenance, so there may be a great difference to those who do. They smiled impishly. Shall I experiment?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:18 am

"You know what,", I started to say, "Why don't we all just go to my house now, and see what you can do there. I'm sure my mom won't mind."

"That's what I was thinking!", Virginia said, "That's a good idea, girl!"

(Miss D&D and Lilli, if you keep watching this forum story without replying anything once in a while, you're REALLY going to miss out. -_- )