Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 9:50 pm

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:
What do we do when 80% or more of the popcant work cause of automation?
Retail and fast food is automating and they make up a lot of jobs in the USA. They building lawyers ai, consoling ai, mechanics will be replaced by robots. Truck divers are going be replaced by self driven trucks. Every single job besides ceos are replaceable by technology. So we either pay everyone of those 80% income or we kill them all in a mass genocide. I bet the elite will pick the 2nd

Why is it so important to have a job? They can get a basic income so they don't have to worry about poverty, and use that time to acquire skills that are in demand. Like with a free college education. Someone has to design all that technology. And so what if people don't work. This is a problem of primate resentments, not a real economic issue. We gave away billions to banks to stimulate the economy, wouldn't this accomplish much the same thing, and help ordinary people too?

The plutocrats know they've one when the working class can't even imagine a life without performing menial tasks. It's like they actually want to be slaves.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 10:08 am

This is an interesting conversation - Claire Fox hosting Yaron Brook and Douglas Murray. I tend to agree a lot more with Douglas's perspectives and it seems like Yaron puts a bit too much blind faith in reason (I see it as a tool that needs to be guided by something higher, like integrity, not an unabated good in and of itself) but at little after 40:00 in he's bringing up his concerns about how the west is demolishing itself at it's universities by attacking its own culture, calling western civilization terrible, etc. and Id agree to the extent that it happens we're really putting ourselves in danger.

I'd add, to the extent that it does happen I also don't think of it in terms of a 'commie takeover' plan or anything like that, i think of it more like a psychological types problem, combined with insulation and echo chambering, and even if there were an espionage element to it it would only be exploiting the psychological types problem already present.

edit:
41:45 - I'll go on to say that Yaron says something really bone-headed here that I don't support at all.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2018, 5:37 pm

AspE wrote:
sly279 wrote:
What do we do when 80% or more of the popcant work cause of automation?
Retail and fast food is automating and they make up a lot of jobs in the USA. They building lawyers ai, consoling ai, mechanics will be replaced by robots. Truck divers are going be replaced by self driven trucks. Every single job besides ceos are replaceable by technology. So we either pay everyone of those 80% income or we kill them all in a mass genocide. I bet the elite will pick the 2nd

Why is it so important to have a job? They can get a basic income so they don't have to worry about poverty, and use that time to acquire skills that are in demand. Like with a free college education. Someone has to design all that technology. And so what if people don't work. This is a problem of primate resentments, not a real economic issue. We gave away billions to banks to stimulate the economy, wouldn't this accomplish much the same thing, and help ordinary people too?

What basic income? The elite won’t give it so the 80% will end up homeless and rise up against the new Royals of this modern world, though that revolution will be far bloodier then the French one.

You don’t needs hundreds thousands or millions of people to design tech. Most people aren’t suited for that the whole population won’t become tech designers
Just like there’s stores will only need one employee to maintain the machines not the hundreds they had before so only one of those will keep their job.
The reality is lots of people will be unable to get a job with automation there will be far far far less jobs. So we either give everyone standard income, kill off hundreds of millions of no unneeded people or face a bloody revolution. Those are the only choices and the elit won’t give up any of their excess trillions so bloody clonflict is unavoidable it’s just a matter of time.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 10:21 am

sly279 wrote:
What basic income? The elite won’t give it so the 80% will end up homeless and rise up against the new Royals of this modern world, though that revolution will be far bloodier then the French one.

That revolution will be bloodier than the French one, for the poor. The revolting peasants will be slaughtered by drones and mercenaries while the vieux riche are safe in their compounds.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 6:07 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That revolution will be bloodier than the French one, for the poor. The revolting peasants will be slaughtered by drones and mercenaries while the vieux riche are safe in their compounds.

Most the military is poor so expect them on the side of the people.
There’s hundreds of millions of us and few of them so it’s not good odds for them and they pay their private security crap too so they’re also poor. Personally I’d pay people who I want to trust to protect me better but to rich people they’d just more worthless peasants.
Mean would you give up your life for a rich person who pays you slightly above min wage ?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 12:17 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Most the military is poor so expect them on the side of the people.
There’s hundreds of millions of us and few of them so it’s not good odds for them and they pay their private security crap too so they’re also poor. Personally I’d pay people who I want to trust to protect me better but to rich people they’d just more worthless peasants.
Mean would you give up your life for a rich person who pays you slightly above min wage ?

You'll be amazed by how much mercenary wages go up if the poor revolt.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 6:21 am

Fake academic scandal: Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf words used in embarrassing journal hoax:

https://thewest.com.au/news/world/fake-academic-scandal-adolf-hitlers-mein-kampf-words-used-in-embarrassing-journal-hoax-ng-b88979974z

https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/academic-grievance-studies-and-the-corruption-of-scholarship/

Quote:
A trio of concerned academics has published seven intentionally absurd papers in leading scholarly journals, making bizarre recommendations including chaining up children and keeping men on leashes.

The trio say the papers, which used fabricated authors and credentials, are an attempt to expose political bias in fields that study race, gender and sexuality, which they see as being misled by biased research and poor methodology.

Their papers argued for a slew of bewildering positions, including chaining up privileged school children as an educational opportunity and a push to include “fat bodybuilding”’ in professional bodybuilding competitions as a way to nullify fat shaming.

Another paper rewrote a chapter of Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf, replacing parts of Hitler’s political manifesto with terms including “solidarity allyship”, “neo-liberal feminism” and “'multi-variate matrix of domination”.

Each of the papers were peer-reviewed before being published, meaning they passed the highest level of critical assessment in their fields.

The trio went public with the project after The Wall Street Journal uncovered it, saying a paper which claimed dog parks are “petri dishes for canine ‘rape culture’" was ridiculous enough to pique the publication's interest.

It seems some on the left see relevance in Hitler's words even today.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 10:47 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Firstly welfare has only been in place for a temporary period and is unsustainable pension schemes are the biggest ponzi schemes in history, the welfare state creates a system where people with traits that are not beneficial to society outbreed people with traits that are beneficial to society.

The left does not have a monopoly on science, the left criticises the right for not believing in man made climate change even when the majority of scientists accept it yet they are against GMO even though a higher percentage of scientists believe it to be safe. Then we have stuff like gender non binary.

My mother has MS and is on disability. She's worked the majority of her life, and does not deserve to be homeless and starving because of a disease that isn't her fault and she can't control.

And I have no idea how non-binary gender comes into play here. I'm agendered, and it has squat to do with my political leanings.

I don't think anyone is advocating for you mother to be homeless or starving, I am not against the existence of the welfare state I am against how the welfare state rewards bad behaviour and punished good behaviour. The concept that someone can choose their gender or not have one is not based in science and promoted by the left.

Yeah? TELL THAT TO MY RELATIVES!! !! !! !! ! I’ve been verbally attacked too many times by them for accepting SSDI due to mental and developmental defect, let alone invisible physical defect! THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO MY FACE THAT I DON’T DESERVE TO COLLECT SSDI, SSDI IS NOTHING MORE THAN WELFARE FOR THE ELDERLY AND INFIRM, AND I DESERVE TO BE HOMELESS, AS WELL AS BE DEAD, AS WELL AS ANY ONE ELSE COLLECTING SSDI/RETIREMENT!! !! !! Needless to say, I cut off all contact with them, with the exception of 2 cousins (who happen to be missionaries, and have been overseas for the 4 decades. 1 is based in Papuan New Guinea, and is only back home because 1) his wife suffers from polycystic kidney disease and requires another surgery, and the other and his wife are back in her native Croatia.)