03 Mar 2018, 2:05 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:
Kenan and Kel

"Who loves orange soda?!"

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm

Remembers those U.S. police dramas from the late 1960s through much of the 1970s? Always loved the action -scenes. A few of the several shows remembered: Dragnet, Adam-12, Ironside, and The Rockford Files.

For the light drama, the C.H.I.P.S series was enjoyable!

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2018, 10:19 pm

Lots of 90s Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows. I watched Disney, too, but the Disney Channel didn't really get popular until I was about 10 or 11.

Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Angry Beavers, All That, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Kenan and Kel, Wild & Crazy Kids, Space Cases, Dexter's Lab, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures and Looney Tunes, the Jetsons and the Flintsones, Tom & Jerry, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, the first version of the Power Rangers.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Since people have mentioned it already, I watched Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends when I was a little older, too, because I though that was such a good show.

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

Tequila wrote:
hvtitan08 wrote:
Kenan and Kel

"Who loves orange soda?!"

Is it true ? Mmm- hmm! :)

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:39 pm

Anybody remember the NBC series, James at 15 (later James at 16)(LINK)? I thought the characters of James and friends were awesome. Looking back to this day, these were really awesome kids!

(LINK) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_at_15

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

I remember the fundies were in an uproar over the fact that his character had sex with somebody. at the time I thought the bible-thumping brigades really woulda had their undies in a knot if he'd had gay sex, but that was too advanced for amuuurican prime time tv back then.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 9:03 pm

"The X-Files"

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 9:24 pm

Not much at all. My parents considered watching television a vice. I vaguely remember someone important and prestigious, at some time, said,

Quote:
No matter how little television you watch, watch less.

This could easily be their motto.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 9:35 pm

I remember as a toddler, peeking over the top of my crib, through a crack in the door ajar, a grainy monochrome image on the family television set, early 1960s, displaying some kind of sports program, I paid more attention to the NAPA auto parts commercial afterwards, to this day I remember seeing that trapezoidal NAPA symbol at the end of the commercial, then the sports program to follow.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 11:28 pm

I barely recall as a toddler watching some show with a boy, a girl, and Santa Clause. They were speaking in a language I couldn't understand. Then again, I have a memory, probably from that same time, of my mother speaking nonsensically to me. I guess I was at an age when language hadn't kicked in yet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 11:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I barely recall as a toddler watching some show with a boy, a girl, and Santa Clause. They were speaking in a language I couldn't understand. Then again, I have a memory, probably from that same time, of my mother speaking nonsensically to me. I guess I was at an age when language hadn't kicked in yet.

that reminds me of when I was somewhere between 4 and 5, I picked up one of my older sister's school textbooks, I think it was 3rd grade level, and it was all a mass of unrecognizable, mysterious symbols to my little kid brain, and for some reason I became fascinated with just one little word, it only had 4 letters to me but it might as well have been the earthly representative of universal secrets, and I pointed to it and asked my sister, "what's that word?" and she said, matter-of-factly, "just." that was the first word I learned to read.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 1:35 am

^ interesting. i wish i knew what my first word was, spoken or read. :( i seem to remember pretty much nothing of value before those days.

XFilesGeek wrote:
"The X-Files"

you're kidding.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 1:37 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ interesting. i wish i knew what my first word was, spoken or read. :( i seem to remember pretty much nothing of value before those days.

i'm pretty sure my first word was "hot." [being bathed]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 2:46 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

i'm pretty sure my first word was "hot." [being bathed]

I was told by my parents that my first words was, "kitty," because we had cats.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 2:58 am

Further programmes:

• Antiques Roadshow
  • A Touch of Frost
  • Bottom
  • Brookside
  • Carrot's Commercial Breakdown
  • Coronation Street
  • Cracker
  • Crimewatch
  • Dispatches
  • Get Stuffed
  • GM:TV
  • Hale & Pace
  • Heartbeat
  • Hospital!
  • News at Ten
  • Panorama
  • Prisoner: Cell Block H
  • QED
  • Sons & Daughters
  • Spitting Image
  • The Big Breakfast
  • The Thin Blue Line
  • Thief Takers
  • World in Action

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 6:34 am

Xena, The Tribe, Buffy, Charmed and Dark Angel. I don't know if its was just me being drawn to strong/pretty female characters or if that's the kind of shows they had on in the 90's/ early 2000's.