Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

01 May 2019, 6:13 am

Joe90 wrote:
When I was really little (ages 2-7) I watched Playdays on children's programmes. That was on every weekday at about 3.30. British members here will probably know what I mean.
I had videos that I watched a lot too, like Thomas The Tank Engine, The Snowman, Grampa, a Tempo Preschool Video, and other children's TV favourites I had on video.
When I got to about age 7 I stopped watching those sorts of things, and watched Disney films instead, like Jungle Book and Aristocats and Peter Pan. Also I got into the Jungle Cubs, and Casper cartoons. Oh, and Sooty too.
Then when I was 8 I got into South Park (that was when it was first on). Yes, I was too young for it but my parents still let me watch it, as I fell in love with it too much. I collected all the figures and stuff. When I was 10 I go into the Simpsons, which I never liked before. And I fell in love with that too (I still love both Simpsons and South Park to this day). I watched Tweenies on children's programmes (I watch those on Youtube sometimes), and Arthur (I watch those on Youtube too). Also at 12 I got some Tom and Jerry videos from my grandmother, and I got into that.

So, yeah, that's what I watched growing up. Right now I am into Outnumbered, Inbetweeners, Grange Hill (first few series), Simpsons and South Park.

Quite a lot of this applies to me too.

If 'growing up' is defined as the first sixteen years of one's life, then I was interested enough in the following to be considered a fan of them:

Thomas the Tank Engine
Top Cat
Teletubbies
Tweenies
Brum
Tots TV
Playdays
Tom and Jerry
The Flintstones
Scooby Doo
The Simpsons
Bodger and Badger
Chucklevision
Looney Tunes
Various game and quiz programmes, often viewed on Challenge TV
Danger Mouse
Hong Kong Phooey
Bob the Builder
Postman Pat
Fireman Sam
Moomins
Get Your Own Back
Noddy
Sooty
Coronation Street
Emmerdale
Eastenders
The Bill

As well as many others. There are a number that I can't recall the title of, frustratingly.

Films were something that I mostly avoided throughout childhood, possibly due to an insufficient attention span.

vinyl360
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2019, 5:00 pm

I used to watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, then shifted over to Disney XD, and now I watch YouTube and Netflix.